Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
hypercane713
hypercane713 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Calibre files deleted on Shut Down

I'm running Windows Vista and I can install Calibre, and it works perfectly, but if I shutdown my computer, half the files including all executable files are deleted. There's no application in the program files folder, start menu, or anywhere. This is the only program that this happens to.

I can reinstall Calibre and it runs fine, but no matter how many times that I reinstall it, the files get deleted when I shut down my computer.
hypercane713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
shutdown calibre (press Ctrl+Q) then uninstall calibre. Then delete c:\Program Files\calibre2. Then reboot. then re-install calibre.

Hopefully that will fix it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, hypercane713!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
hypercane713
hypercane713 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
shutdown calibre (press Ctrl+Q) then uninstall calibre. Then delete c:\Program Files\calibre2. Then reboot. then re-install calibre.

Hopefully that will fix it.
I tried this and it still deleted the same files again. After deleting the calibre2 folder again, I reinstalled the program this time to the directory C:\Program Files\Calibre instead of calibre2 and for some reason it's working fine. There must be something my computer's doing to the calibre2 directory. Thanks for the help!
hypercane713 is offline   Reply With Quote