Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
katekh
katekh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook in Egypt

Hello, I am new to this forum but am looking for any help you can give. my parents just moved to egypt and my mom was hoping to enjoy her nook there. she quickly realized she could not buy new books there and instead had me buy them for her. i am in the usa and used her account to purchase a few new books. she now says she sees that the books were purchased in her barnes and noble library but when she clicks to download nothing happens. my mom isnt super skilled with computers/technology stuff so there might be something she just isnt doing right. or it might just be because they are in egypt!! any thoughts so i can try to help her let me know thanks!!
katekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Sounds like the thing to do is for you to download and then email her the files.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
katekh

kate- i do not own a nook so i dont know much about them. if i download them on my computer do they need to be in a certain format? and then if i email them to my mom she would be able to add that file to her nook??
Old 06-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
as simple as it may sound have her make sure her wi fi is on and also to have her "check for new content" as well.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katekh View Post
kate- i do not own a nook so i dont know much about them. if i download them on my computer do they need to be in a certain format? and then if i email them to my mom she would be able to add that file to her nook??
They'll be in the format you need when you download them from BN.

She'll be able to sideload them with the cable from her computer.
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
katekh

thank you for your imput. i will send an email now to my mom and see if it works.!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
katekh

another question.. if i download the book on my computer and then send it to my mom in egypt and she is not able to load it onto her nook, can that book be redownloaded when she gets back to the states? or can a book only be downloaded once. ?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by katekh View Post
another question.. if i download the book on my computer and then send it to my mom in egypt and she is not able to load it onto her nook, can that book be redownloaded when she gets back to the states? or can a book only be downloaded once. ?
Last time I downloaded books from my B&N collection, I was able to do it twice. I do not think that has changed recently.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
khalleron
Kate

According to the BN FAQ, you can download the books as many times as you need to.