Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #46
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
I'm pretty much with Apache. But I have been really gutted to finish a book. Really upset to lose contact with the characters and to know that I'll never again read it for the first time. Have even been known to cry, but in a 'goodness me it's dusty in this room' sort of way'

God its liberating to be able to confess that to peeps that understand....
I don't think I've ever actually cried, but I can relate the rest of what you said.

By the way, love your avatar!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #47
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
I stopped my "book ending ritual" when my local supplier of black candles got exorcised. ;-)
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #48
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't think I have any kind of specific ritual for reading books but what I do have is an extreme sensitivity to anything that can disturb my reading. For instance I can't read in a room where others are chatting or worse, when others are watching television. It slows down my comprehension of the book I'm reading to the point I end up taking half an hour to read just a page. So I'm always trying to find places where there is quiet to enjoy my readings. But this is no simple task as there is always someone around to break the quiet. I guess that looking for a quiet place to read could be considered like my reading ritual
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #49
JohnRR
Connoisseur
JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I always become slower when I reach the last few pages of the book that I enjoy. After reading the whole book, I will read the first page again as it is often that I have already forgot the opening and I want to read that part again.
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #50
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I didn't think I did until today when I got up and made myself a cup of tea and made sure I was extra comfy before finishing the last few chapters of The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. The book is 1200 pages long, I worked for that ending.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #51
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I don't have a certain ritual for ending a book, but I never start a new book immediately. After finishing, I put away the e-reader, and run through the story in my mind to see what I liked and didn't like about it.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #52
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
4691 ahh it's a good one : ) but I nicked it from someone somewhere. Can't remember where, but it tickled me, such a great expression! Also, I find that I think of people as looking like their avatars so in that case, dig my hairrrr!

Actually, thinking about it, I cry buckets when someone I really like dies, but not if it's just the endings. But I do feel really low and a big gap remains for a few days if the characterisation is strong. Looking at you, Patrick Rothfuss!
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #53
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
I just came up with a new ritual. Once I finish a book I have an urge to write a review on it in my blog. If not the same day then atleast next morning.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #54
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The closest thing I have to a ritual is moving the book to the COMPLETED shelf (or deleting the audiobook) and going to Goodreads and marking it read. I then usually take a break for a couple of hours (cleaning, making dinner, errands) before moving on to the next one.

I move finished books to a completed section so that, periodically, I can go to Calibre and make notes and/or move to my keeper library or delete it entirely (both from Calibre and my cloud library).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #55
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
LOL, My ritual for finishing a book is to go to the directory on my sd card and open the next book in the series or check if there is something else by the same author that I have not yet read and read it.

If nothing left by the same author I will go to another author (new to me) or to a new release by an author I like.

I like to read by author unless an author I like has recent releases.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #56
Tizzalicious
Connoisseur
Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad 2, iPhone 5
Deleting it off my ereader, going to Goodreads to mark it read and read it, and then start a new book. Even if I only read a few pages of the new one, I need to start a new one right away.
Tizzalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #57
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
When I'm coming to the end of a really good book. I will hold off reading the ending until after my evening meal. Then I'll sit down in my favourite armchair and finish the book in relative silence and complete comfort.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote