Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Enhancement (Delete formats from Book Details Panel)

I noticed that the Book Details Panel has the book formats as links. (With the context menu listing "Open link", "Open link in new window", "save link" and "copy link". Although none of them appear to be functional. for example Copy link gives me "format:3112:MOBI" when pasted. and "Open link/Open link in new window" does nothing)

I would like to suggest adding a "Delete format" to the context menu.

Thus I would have a book with 4 formats listed. (MOBI, EPUB, LRF, ZIP) and I would be able to right click on LRF and select "Delete" from the context menu and delete it.

Currently if I want to delete one of the formats I have to:
"left click" the tiny drop arrow next to "Remove books" in Top bar menu buttons, then
"left click" the Remove specific formats from selected books from the context menu, then
"left click" the format I want to delete, then
"left click" the OK button.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post
I noticed that the Book Details Panel has the book formats as links. (With the context menu listing "Open link", "Open link in new window", "save link" and "copy link". Although none of them appear to be functional. for example Copy link gives me "format:3112:MOBI" when pasted. and "Open link/Open link in new window" does nothing)

I would like to suggest adding a "Delete format" to the context menu.

Thus I would have a book with 4 formats listed. (MOBI, EPUB, LRF, ZIP) and I would be able to right click on LRF and select "Delete" from the context menu and delete it.

Currently if I want to delete one of the formats I have to:
"left click" the tiny drop arrow next to "Remove books" in Top bar menu buttons, then
"left click" the Remove specific formats from selected books from the context menu, then
Doh!
the same Delete: sub-menu is offered on the context menu (by default)
Remember, there are 2 versions of the Menu (device connected and no device)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Doh!
the same Delete: sub-menu is offered on the context menu (by default)
Remember, there are 2 versions of the Menu (device connected and no device)
Hmm, since I am not deleting from a device, I don't see using a device connected or not connected is of any consequence. Its still the same process as far as I can see.

Yes, instead of using the menu button as the first step. I can instead:
"right click" the the book to open the context menu. and move down to Remove books, then
wait for the sub-context menu to open, then
'left click" Remove specific formats from selected books from the sub-context menu, then

In either case its a 4-5 step process to delete a specific format from a book.
All I am suggesting is that by adding "Delete format" to the Book Details Panel context menu for the book format links it can instead be a 2 step process.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@JohnnyBook - I shall leave it to Kovid or others to comment about the merits of the book details menu idea, but just to add there is another way that can be just as fast for single book format removal. Hit E to bring up edit metadata, then just delete the formats from there and hit enter.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #5
JohnnyBook
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JohnnyBook - I shall leave it to Kovid or others to comment about the merits of the book details menu idea, but just to add there is another way that can be just as fast for single book format removal. Hit E to bring up edit metadata, then just delete the formats from there and hit enter.
Yes this sill also work.... but its still a 4 step process.
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/12747
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote