Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
How to use Kindle Fire HD Apps on Android Phone?

I have a couple dozen Android Apps from the Amazon Store now running on my Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb unit.

Is there some way to use those Apps on a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate Android phone at no extra cost?

If so, I do I go about doing that? Also, how would I get the Amazon Kindle Reading App on to that phone?

Thanks in advance for any help on this procedure.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Make sure your phone is set to allow installations from unknown sources and then install the Amazon Appstore. Once it's installed you can access your apps. As long as they're compatible with your phone you can install them from there...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200551840

You can get the Kindle app from the Amazon appstore or from the Google Play store which should be pre-installed on your phone, just search for Kindle and when you find the app tap install.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Make sure your phone is set to allow installations from unknown sources and then install the Amazon Appstore. Once it's installed you can access your apps. As long as they're compatible with your phone you can install them from there...

You can get the Kindle app from the Amazon appstore or from the Google Play store which should be pre-installed on your phone, just search for Kindle and when you find the app tap install.
Thanks. That was exactly what I wanted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Beware!

The last 2 versions of the Amazon App store are huge and may not fit your phone.

I have 2.6 on my Galaxy Tab tablet and need to de-install it as soon as I have the time to list which Amazon apps to delete and re-buy from the Google store. They will not work w/o the Amazon app store installed.

Problem is not the size of the store itself, 13MB, but the storage data part keeps growing even if you install few of their apps. Mine is up to 231MB.

You may want to read the threads about the monster size on phones in the Amazon forum and problem being forwarded to the developers w/o any resolve so far.

p.s. and I am glad I did not install it on my phone GSIII

Last edited by Ocicat; 01-30-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
The last 2 versions of the Amazon App store are huge and may not fit your phone.

I have 2.6 on my Galaxy Tab tablet and need to de-install it as soon as I have the time to list which Amazon apps to delete and re-buy from the Google store. They will not work w/o the Amazon app store installed.

Problem is not the size of the store itself, 13MB, but the storage data part keeps growing even if you install few of their apps. Mine is up to 231MB.

You may want to read the threads about the monster size on phones in the Amazon forum and problem being forwarded to the developers w/o any resolve so far.

p.s. and I am glad I did not install it on my phone GSIII
Wouldn't it just be the cache that you would need to clear? It's the downloaded APKs that take up the space.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Wouldn't it just be the cache that you would need to clear? It's the downloaded APKs that take up the space.
Cache is empty. I clear the cache of all my "toys" every evening.
On that tablet I have just a few Amazon apps, originally bought for the KF, most others are from the Play Store.
I wish Amazon could show which ones where downloaded to which device in Manage Your Kindle.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard

I am considering the Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate phone from ATT with a 32 Gb SD memory card addes. Wouldn't 32 Gb be enough room for the Amazon Store?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I am considering the Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate phone from ATT with a 32 Gb SD memory card addes. Wouldn't 32 Gb be enough room for the Amazon Store?
IIRC the Amazon Store installs to internal memory (as do some other apps), not the expandable memory. Looks like the Exhilarate has 4GB of internal memory.

Also since the phone is from AT&T you'll want to make sure they're allowing apps from unknown sources. At one point they didn't allow that on any of there phones and later only on certain models, not sure if that's changed or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Thanks, this helped me as well!
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote