Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 06:20 AM   #586
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
You're lucky! In my case, the long delay is possible because of what I ordered (craft supplies) and that they're to be shipped in as few shipments as possible. My latest update: I'm not sure this is even possible since it's not yet shipped and today is Sunday

JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #587
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I don't understand what Amazon is doing with delayed shipping. They take a few days to ship my stuff, and then they ship it to arrive in 2-days. Don't understand how that saves them money.

I finally accepted the Pantry, and then I was offered video credits again. Just trying to keep up with my husband
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #588
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As anticipated, my order wasn't shipped yesterday. Status is still "shipping today, expected by Aug 8". I purchased on Jul 29 - really shocking service compared to other companies offering free shipping
Old 08-07-2017, 06:28 AM   #589
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
As anticipated, my order wasn't shipped yesterday. Status is still "shipping today, expected by Aug 8". I purchased on Jul 29 - really shocking service compared to other companies offering free shipping
"No-rush" shipping is not free shipping. It's a negative cost. It actually gets you some of your Prime subscription back as a credit.

I usually get my entire Prime fee back in credits this way.

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-07-2017 at 06:32 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:48 AM   #590
JoHunt
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
"No-rush" shipping is not free shipping. It's a negative cost. It actually gets you some of your Prime subscription back as a credit.

I don't have Prime.

I like to take advantage of Amazon's offer of free shipping for purchases over $25, but their shipping delays are becoming unacceptable compared to other large retailers offering free shipping with an order threshold and without membership requirements.
Advert
Old 08-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #591
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
I don't have Prime.

I like to take advantage of Amazon's offer of free shipping for purchases over $25, but their shipping delays are becoming unacceptable compared to other large retailers offering free shipping with an order threshold and without membership requirements.
Oh, I see. Yes, in that case it seems like a long time to wait.

I was confused because your post is in a thread about Amazon Prime's "No Rush" shipping.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #592
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The only part of my Prime subscription I ever use is the free next-day shipping, so that would be a rather pointless exercise for me .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #593
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The only part of my Prime subscription I ever use is the free next-day shipping, so that would be a rather pointless exercise for me .
It's still free shipping, just not next-day. It's rare that I must have something tomorrow. Usually I'm happy to wait for two or three days in return for a discount. (I count it as a discount on the item purchased, rather than as free ebooks.)
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #594
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
My problem is that I hardly ever seem to want/need any actual physical goods any more, so I never get to build up much credit.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #595
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
My problem is that I hardly ever seem to want/need any actual physical goods any more, so I never get to build up much credit.
Yeah, I mainly use Prime for the Amazon Video component.

The free shipping when I do order an item is like a nice bonus. And since I rarely need those items immediately I would always opt for no rush, if they would offer credits I could use for e-books or anything relevant to my life.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #596
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yeah, I mainly use Prime for the Amazon Video component.

The free shipping when I do order an item is like a nice bonus. And since I rarely need those items immediately I would always opt for no rush, if they would offer credits I could use for e-books or anything relevant to my life.
This
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #597
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Gee, I'm always buying from Amazon--I average about once a week. Most of it is inexpensive computer/electronics accessories, but also things like lamps, vacuums, kitchen appliances. I don't have a car, so online shopping with free shipping is a great convenience. Unfortunately, Amazon keeps offering me the useless pantry credit--there was one exception when they gave me the digital credit, but now they're back to the pantry.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #598
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I place an order at least once a week, probably close to two or three times - I seem to be at around 100 (physical) orders this year.

It's just so convenient - free shipping, a small bonus credit, and the stuff just turns up at the door.

Luckily, nearly all my bonus credits are £1 digital credits. I even bought some music with it recently!

Without the Prime shipping and bonus credit, I wouldn't place half as many orders.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #599
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I'm with Paul on this.

I buy small things on my wish list when they go on sale. It's very rare that my order is more than $25. It's very rare that I need the item promptly. With the $1 credit, I can click on 99 cent eBooks without consideration.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:10 AM   #600
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

An example of a recent order. My son borrowed my comb. Now, I really like my comb. It's a Kent comb, made from quality plastic (don't laugh!) with the teeth cut, not moulded, so the teeth don't bend or break, but they aren't sharp or scratchy either. And he found he liked it a lot too.

Solution: Give him that one, get out my spare (kept in my suitcase) for me to use and order another from Amazon. £4.49, and I get £1 of that back as a digital credit, so net cost £3.49. Ordered late on a Monday, delivered to my door on the Friday, and now in my suitcase as a spare (or for when I'm travelling).

It took five minutes, not half an hour traipsing around the shops, and was cheaper (with the free shipping and £1 credit) than I could have bought it anywhere.

What's not to like?

I was really dubious of the benefits of Prime membership the first year, but my membership is coming up for renewal in September, and I wouldn't consider dropping it now.

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-10-2017 at 04:14 AM.