Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #571
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I would guess, it is oh maybe you don't know about this department so let's offer you a little money to try it.
But I've been offered Prime Pantry for over 9 months, so I already know.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #572
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
But I've been offered Prime Pantry for over 9 months, so I already know.
Well have you tried it?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #573
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I suspect you are correct. But it seems like a bad business strategy. Amazon is obviously offering credit because they save on the 'no rush' option. All these pantry and furniture credits do is push me to always use two day shipping. Maybe it would make sense to offer the pantry/furniture credit once (or perhaps for a month) and see if the customer bites. Then, if not, go back to the credit the customer actually prefers.

I suppose there's some bean counter in the basement dungeons of Amazon that would tell me I'm wrong though.
Pantry credits I can pretty much say I will never use, and I always opt for the two-day shipping when they're offered, even though I'm in no rush for my order. I'll go for the digital credit except in the rare case when I need my order quickly. I would take a $10 furniture credit even if I didn't have specific items already on my wish list, in the expectation that I might use it eventually.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #574
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Pantry credits I can pretty much say I will never use, and I always opt for the two-day shipping when they're offered, even though I'm in no rush for my order.
You and me both, sister.

Quote:
I'll go for the digital credit except in the rare case when I need my order quickly.
Yeah, a digital credit I could use on e-books I would take almost every time. I would never use $10 in furniture credit, but would happily take $1 digital credit.

It seems to be they would just be better off offering everyone $1 no-rush credit that could be used sitewide. But again, I'm certain someone with a sliderule has already proven me wrong.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #575
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well have you tried it?
No. . . .
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #576
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
No. . . .
That is why you keep getting it lol. The bot thinks maybe if they keep offering you will eventually fall into their web.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #577
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Pantry credits I can pretty much say I will never use, and I always opt for the two-day shipping when they're offered, even though I'm in no rush for my order. I'll go for the digital credit except in the rare case when I need my order quickly. I would take a $10 furniture credit even if I didn't have specific items already on my wish list, in the expectation that I might use it eventually.
When I don't like what they are offering, I sometimes choose the option to send all items as they are available so they have to send multiple packages. I don't do that a lot, but if I am annoyed with them for any reason that's what I do. Otherwise I do like you and choose two day shipping even if I don't need it that quickly.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #578
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That is why you keep getting it lol. The bot thinks maybe if they keep offering you will eventually fall into their web.
Stupid bot.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #579
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For anyone that's been offered a furniture credit how long does it stay active? If it's too short of a time it might not be worth it.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #580
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
When I don't like what they are offering, I sometimes choose the option to send all items as they are available so they have to send multiple packages. I don't do that a lot, but if I am annoyed with them for any reason that's what I do. Otherwise I do like you and choose two day shipping even if I don't need it that quickly.
I almost never have more than one item per order--mostly because there's no need to consolidate orders to meet a free-shipping minimum threshold with Prime. And even if I am ordering several things the same day, I'll place separate orders just to see what no-rush perk I might be offered.

Amazon tends to consolidate packages anyway, though, when they're all coming from the same warehouse.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #581
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I almost never have more than one item per order--mostly because there's no need to consolidate orders to meet a free-shipping minimum threshold with Prime. And even if I am ordering several things the same day, I'll place separate orders just to see what no-rush perk I might be offered.

Amazon tends to consolidate packages anyway, though, when they're all coming from the same warehouse.
I've had times when I got to checkout and saw that I would receive it in more than two days and it's been one item holding the others back. I do buy multiple items because I tend to forget what I need. Or I started an order and get distracted. When I get back to it there's more stuff I wanted!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #582
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Seriously, if a customer has not taken the pantry credit once in nine months, maybe it's time to change your tactics.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #583
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Seriously, if a customer has not taken the pantry credit once in nine months, maybe it's time to change your tactics.
Well if you do it in college, you will flunk the class again as my daughter found out.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #584
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Ugh! Day #8 of waiting for my non-Prime free shipping items to be shipped. Originally expected delivery by August 3, now changed to August 8. Everything sold by Amazon. Ugh!!
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #585
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
Ugh! Day #8 of waiting for my non-Prime free shipping items to be shipped. Originally expected delivery by August 3, now changed to August 8. Everything sold by Amazon. Ugh!!
Sorry...it seems like it's just totally random. I ordered 5 things between July 28 and July 30 using no-rush shipping, and they've all been delivered already, and the $5 in digital credits have been spent.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote