Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Paperwhite 2: what firmware version does it come with?

Title says it all

could some of the folks who already have a PW2 please post the exact FW version that the device comes with?

If it's anything like the previous models, that should be found under Menu > Settings, Menu > Device Info, Firmware Version, and should look something like Kindle 5.3.4 (1848900011) (that's of course a sample from the old PW, and from a rather old firmware).

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
firmware 5.4.0
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)

Ah.... and while we're at it:
could PW2 owners please post the first 4 letters (only!) of their serial number, along with a description of where you bought it and its features (like "Wifi (US)" or "Wifi+3G (US)"?

This will really help us, so thanks again!

PS: we're really only interested in the first four letters, like in this list. Do NOT post your complete serial number, the first part and the description is enough.

EDIT: If your SN is "B0D4", and it's a Wifi-only model bought in the US, please don't post that anymore. We have enough evidence for that now If it's something different, please do post!

Last edited by ixtab; 10-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
B0D4 WiFi (US) w/o SO.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@ixtab-
My wife's PW2 posted with serial# B0D4...... Wifi (US) w/o so. If you need anything else let me know and I'll pass it along (when I can pry it out of her hands, that is)...considering what she knows I've done to my PW1, I'm not sure she's going to be inclined to let me touch it!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I haven't received mine yet but Amazon lists the serial number on my device page.

B0D4 WiFi (US)
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
B0D4 WiFi (US) w/o SO
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)

Thanks a lot @all!

I added the B0D4 prefix to the Wiki as "Wifi (US)". If anybody with a different SN prefix (like, Wifi+3G comes to mind), or with the same prefix, but a different country (e.g. Spain... which would indicate that it's an international model) is reading this thread, please post! Thanks again.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-01-2013 at 04:16 AM. Reason: fixed mistyped link :o
Old 10-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #10
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
If or with the same prefix, but a different country (e.g. Spain... which would indicate that it's an international model) is reading this thread, please post! Thanks again.
PW2 is out on 9th October outside of the US so you won't get the SN prefix for these until they start showing on our Amazon accounts.

Last edited by Yolina; 10-01-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #11
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
I've been guaranteed by Amazon I'll have mine by the 9th "at the latest" so will post the first 4 digits of the serial then for you ixtab. (UK WiFi)
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #12
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Quote:
Ah.... and while we're at it:
could PW2 owners please post the first 4 letters (only!) of their serial number, along with a description of where you bought it and its features (like "Wifi (US)" or "Wifi+3G (US)"?

This will really help us, so thanks again!

PS: we're really only interested in the first four letters, like in this list. Do NOT post your complete serial number, the first part and the description is enough.
Received my PW version 2 on 10-1-13 directly from Amazon (shipped from Breinigsville PA).
Specs show:
Firmware 5.4.0
Ser# B0D4...
WiFi (US)

Last edited by nypaulie; 10-03-2013 at 07:13 PM.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
or with the same prefix, but a different country (e.g. Spain... which would indicate that it's an international model)
Mine (ordered from amazon.fr) is scheduled for delivery next Friday. Will let you know, but I'm sure others will have theirs before I do.

Just praying I can install an older FW version like <cough> 5.3.4. Keeping that dream alive...
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
PW2 firmware

Quote:
Thanks a lot @all!

I added the B0D4 prefix to the Wiki as "Wifi (US)". If anybody with a different SN prefix (like, Wifi+3G comes to mind), or with the same prefix, but a different country (e.g. Spain... which would indicate that it's an international model) is reading this thread, please post! Thanks again.
BD04
WiFi U.S.
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #15
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
BD04
Wifi US
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote