Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-21-2020, 07:46 PM   #1
Yepitsme
Yepitsme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
by way of introduction

First I must confess that I am almost literate with technical terms, and I can't spell, never could, never will. I am 72 and feel fortunate that I can use a computer at all. I have found that the majority of people my age don't have or want a PC, smart phones, or e readers, being afraid they can't learn how to use it. And these devices are an expensive venture while living on social security.

I have immunodeficiency along with stage 4 COPD. As you may expect, I rarely leave my home, especially during flu season. As the disease process grows increasingly worse, it is difficult for me to walk due to shortness of breath, so I spend a lot of time being sedentary. And thus I read quite a bit, usually 2-3 books a week. I download books from the libraries, first to Adobe Digital, then transfer to Calibre and from there to a Kindle.

I first became acquainted with e readers and Calibre while my daughter-in-law was stationed onboard a Navy ship several years ago. The sailors passed around quite a nice selection of digital books. Although, I've always been a reader, I found reading on a kindle was like magic for me.

I don't know what all Calibre does or can do because I don't understand it. Never in a million years would I have dreamed that I could carry 500 books in my purse. It still amazes me that I can make a telephone call home from the grocery to ask if we need milk, and these are only the tiniest of miracles.

Thank you for reading.
Yepitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:44 AM   #2
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert