Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Tirwal 3.0 TripleBoot ES 090610

Hi:

I compile new version of the firm, old kernel. It has lastest version of CoolReader, 3.0.31, 09 June 2010. This version can read CHM, support for big files, and cache optimized for fast reopening.

Tirwal 3.0 - Triple Boot ES 090610

http://www.4shared.com/file/oKj6qLLp...0ES090610.html

Now, CoolReader opens CHM in LBook and Hanlin mode, and FBReader in its mode.
Other specs are the same.

Thanks
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
orion777
orion777 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Thanks, I installed 2.9 a few days ago. It's very good.
orion777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
Thanks for the updated firmware.

I'm a middle aged guy - nearly 60 (I intend to live to be 120) and do a lot of reading on my EcoReader (Hanlin v3 clone).

I have found your firmware the best.

Thanks again.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
I downloaded this today and put the config files on the main reader (not the SD card) but when I rebooted I didn't get any choice about which version to use. It just came up with "Tirwell ereader" or something like that. I assumed that the default was the Lbook and coolreader which was the main reason I was trying it.

I thought this version of coolreader could be used to read epubs, but when I long-pressed the number of the book, and pressed 1 to open it went into ADE. Am I doing something wrong or does this use ADE for epubs?
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, had the same experiences with ePub not opened by CoolReader...so back to the latest Buggins version where longpressing the number key and then selecting 1 will force CoolReader to open the ePub book.
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi:

In the zip there is a directory called "config". Put it in principal memory. Inside it, there are 3 djvu files. When you want to change mode, you must press over the option, and power off and on the reader. Coolreader opens epub in FBReader mode. In the other modes, epubs are opened by ADE. This firm is based on "old kernel" due its stability, and well running of all file type readers. New kernel, has some fails in some file type readers, and has a minor probles with keys, and battery.

Bye

Last edited by Tirwal; 06-12-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Very buggy! Many reboots.
For example:
- when trying to change the date
- when trying to go to page 2 of the settings of a rtf file
- when opening another rtf file

The worst firmware I ever tried! A total nightmare.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Rangepath
Rangepath began at the beginning.

Device: HP Ipaq 214, BeBook;Prs-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Very buggy! Many reboots.
For example:
- when trying to change the date
- when trying to go to page 2 of the settings of a rtf file
- when opening another rtf file

The worst firmware I ever tried! A total nightmare.
I must say that this firmware works perfectly for me as did his previous version. Perhaps the problems you are experiencing lie elsewhere...sd card or hardware for example.
Rangepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #9
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I had problems with this version - when reading FB2 books loaded on a SD card either trying to exit the book or set a bookmark the green LED flashed continuously and no other effect. Only way out then was the power switch.

The SD card performs fine on the same files when I reverted to the 2.9 Firmware.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

I have new version with updated coolreader.

Download Link

http://www.4shared.com/file/mx00x1ir...31-220610.html

And I have an experimental version with new kernel.

Download link

http://www.4shared.com/file/4LmGwFWW...K26062010.html

If you want to follow this and other efforts, visit our spanish forum:

http://translate.google.com/translat....php%3F9-Jinke

Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Thank you, Tirwal! I am trying to update from some older version (probably 2.9x) but it says "please check your update file".

Last edited by dioib; 07-13-2010 at 07:07 PM.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #12
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
Thank you, Tirwal! I am trying to update from some older version (probably 2.9x) but it says "please check your update file".
Hi:

Maybe you have something wrong in your SD, or the downloaded file is wrong. Check it.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #13
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirwal View Post
Hi:

Maybe you have something wrong in your SD, or the downloaded file is wrong. Check it.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply. My card is working fine, I downloaded the first one, but it just ends up giving the "invalid file" error message. I wish someone else could check and see if I am the only person with this issue.

Edit: Issue fixed, I was using SDHC instead of SD for update.

Last edited by dioib; 11-26-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #14
triggerfish
triggerfish began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Hi,
Downloaded Tirwal 3.0 - Triple Boot ES 090610 and installed it without problems...
Downloaded the 220610 version and it says it updated things, but the version teh bebook return stays 090610... What's up ???
Peter
triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #15
dioib
∂₪≈☼

I am using 220610 with "config files" borrowed from Tirwal 3.0 - Triple Boot ES 090610 and it has been working fine so far.

Last edited by dioib; 11-26-2010 at 12:58 AM.