Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
Converted Epub Issues

Anyone having any epub issues with their nook? I'm using Calibre to convert my html/LRF's into epub and it's not reading the file correctly. I can view the epub in calibre and it looks normal. When I load it into my nook and open it up.. half or more of the book doesn't show up. It appears to reflow the book to fit the screen and it doesn't add additional pages. For instance, I'm trying to read a book and only pages 1-438 appear in the Nook, which only covers like 7 chapters. The original hard cover is 438 pages long though.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
A couple ideas:

- The HTML you are trying to use has some errors in it that Calibre can't entirely fix up on its own into valid XHTML. So the ePub parser gags on it when it reaches the error and simply refuses to render the rest. Page numbering gets screwed up by this as well (the page count is 'correct', but the final page is where the error is, not at the end of the book).

- Although not as likely, if Calibre is set to not auto-split the HTML files there could be issues. ePub has a 300KB limit per HTML file on devices that use Adobe's SDK (nook, Sony Readers, etc).
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This should be posted over in the Calibre forum in case it is a Calibre issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
Demented
Connoisseur

It is, Kovid is already looking into the files. I'm checking to see if anyone has encountered this issue with any other files they're using. I've run into this problem with 4 different books.. 1 html 3 lrf and it always happens the same way. I checked the generated epub file and looked at the xml.. it continues on as normal passed the last page that the nook is displaying.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Ok, because this is a Calibre related topic i will move the thread to the Calibre forum as already suggested by JSWolf.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
Demented
Connoisseur

Bah, I don't understand why mods have to go moving posts. I specifically asked this question in the nook forum to see if this was happening to any non-calibre epub books. I've already got a dialogue with Kovid to check it out on the Calibre front.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Bah, I don't understand why mods have to go moving posts. I specifically asked this question in the nook forum to see if this was happening to any non-calibre epub books. I've already got a dialogue with Kovid to check it out on the Calibre front.
I'm sorry if this causes any trouble to you. Your dialogue with kovid will continue. There is still a redirecting thread in the nook-forum (at least for the next three days)
You are discussing a Calibre related issue in this thread. Other users (with other reading devices) facing the same Calibre-issue will most likely not search in the nook-section for a solution.
Our posting guidelines state: "Try and pick the most relevant forum for your post." In this case the Calibre-forum seems to be the most relevant forum.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote