Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
duncanbourne
duncanbourne began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
George Orwell on Feedbooks

Hi,

A few months ago, when I was thinking of buying an ebook reader, I looked around at various sites to see what books were available. I remember finding Feedbooks, and at the top of their list was 1984 by George Orwell, a book I haven't read for ages.

Now I go back to download it, it's no longer there, and neither are any of Orwell's other works. I can't find them in ebook format at any other sites either...

What's going on?

Duncan
duncanbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Don't know, but he's available here.......

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...book&order=asc
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Orwell's works are in the public domain in Canada, Australia and Russia (and all life+50 countries in 2001, Orwell died in 1950). See The Illegal Link: Orwell’s Copyright Police State - Reloaded.

They are still in copyright in the US and most of Europe. The copyright owners are aggressive about asserting their rights (even when they probably don't have any). See 1984 copyright holders threaten over anti-Hillary Clinton ad.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote