Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Replacement battery for Kindle Voyage

My Voyage battery is dying - I have to recharge it daily. Does anyone know where can I buy replacement battery? In the past I bought battery for DX on newpower99.com but they do not seem to have any for the latest Kindles...
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
cruff
cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I didn't find any vendors

A Google search turned up a replacement procedure howto on iFixit, but no vendors of replacement batteries.
cruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Did you find out how much Amazon would charge to install a replacement battery? (And will they even do this?)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

How long since you purchased the Voyage? The Voyage hasn't been out long enough that the battery should reach its natural end of life cycle yet. I would call Amazon and see if they would either replace the Voyage, they probably won't, or at least give you a discount on a new Kindle.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Did you find out how much Amazon would charge to install a replacement battery? (And will they even do this?)
Unless something has changed Amazon (well, Kobo and others too) doesn't do any battery replacement (or other repair) on any of their devices.

@KecajN I know absolutely nothing about these guys, but they list a Voyage replacement battery. Seems odd though as they list the same replacement for multiple Kindle models and AFAIK every single model (except maybe some Paperwhite generations) use different size batteries with different connectors.

https://www.batterybob.com/products/...ttery-tlp-035/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #6
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Interesting.

I've had my Voyage 15 months and have had no problem with the battery yet, but I'm using KindleLazy every night so am using a lot more battery power than normal reading. I've been wondering how badly this will affect the longevity of the battery and would be happy to have a source for a replacement.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are the specs on the battery for the Kindle Voyage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Voyage Battery.jpg
Views:	1569
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	153974  
Old 01-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Quote:
@KecajN I know absolutely nothing about these guys, but they list a Voyage replacement battery. Seems odd though as they list the same replacement for multiple Kindle models and AFAIK every single model (except maybe some Paperwhite generations) use different size batteries with different connectors.

https://www.batterybob.com/products/...ttery-tlp-035/
I would try to order anyway as I have not found another source yet. Unfortunately they claim: Please do not order if you are outside the USA :-(

Some time ago I purchased battery for my DX at newpower99.com (there was no restriction for international shipping at that time) but they do not have replacements for Voyage.

@jswinden I have Voyage a little more than 2 years. I use it very often (WiFi always on). I usually recharge it once a week just to be sure that it will be always ready however recently it used to keep power up to 2 weeks. It looks like it broke down just a couple of days ago. It requires daily charging now. I did hardware reset as Amazon advises but improved only a little bit (let's say up to 1.5 - 2 days).
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #9
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
Battery removal

I've only had a Voyage apart one time. From the picture shown above, and experience with hundreds of other Kindles, the battery is very likely heavily glued in. I would suggest using an old credit card to slip under the battery and slowly work it loose. It is going to take a lot of pushing and shoving of the card to get the battery free.

I dispose of used Kindle batteries at Best Buy. They have a recycle container at the front of the store for rechargeable batteries.

Also a good idea to wait until your battery is pretty well worn down before doing the replacement.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFixKindles View Post
I've only had a Voyage apart one time. From the picture shown above, and experience with hundreds of other Kindles, the battery is very likely heavily glued in. I would suggest using an old credit card to slip under the battery and slowly work it loose. It is going to take a lot of pushing and shoving of the card to get the battery free.

I dispose of used Kindle batteries at Best Buy. They have a recycle container at the front of the store for rechargeable batteries.

Also a good idea to wait until your battery is pretty well worn down before doing the replacement.

The whole issue, however, remains FINDING a replacement battery. That's the first concern that the OP is expressing.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KecajN View Post
It looks like it broke down just a couple of days ago. It requires daily charging now. I did hardware reset as Amazon advises but improved only a little bit (let's say up to 1.5 - 2 days).
I would go back to Amazon and ask for a repair/replacement, even if it is just over two years old.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFixKindles View Post

You might try using a putty knife. I think that might get you a lot more control and be easier to use. Putty knives are cheap and found at any hardware or home improvement store, and likely in places like Walmart.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I would go back to Amazon and ask for a repair/replacement, even if it is just over two years old.
That is what I suggested too. It never hurts to ask Amazon. The worst they can do is say no. They might give a discount on another Voyage/Kindle even if the refuse to replace or repair the faulty one. And it would likely be less expensive and less of a hassle to buying, and paying international shipping on, and installing a questionable replacement battery in the Voyage.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #14
nunocrzt
nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.nunocrzt is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle voyage
I have used the site below to order a screen to my voyage which in turn came with a battery. Try and see if it's worth it.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazon...p-1-c-814.html
nunocrzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #15
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunocrzt View Post
I have used the site below to order a screen to my voyage which in turn came with a battery. Try and see if it's worth it.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazon...p-1-c-814.html
I ordered a mobo from there to fix my broken voyage. No issues so far. I already had ordered my oasis so now I'm using it as a spare at work. Voyage is surprisingly easy to disassemble, but I didn't need to get to the screen.

Good luck OP.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage battery