Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Exclamation EE Reader (E-Ink side) not responding to stylus

My reader screen just won't respond to the stylus any longer. Cannot calibrate, cannot write in the journal, cannot access the menu, or advance pages using the stylus. Tried restarting, etc. no joy..

The reader loads books, can advance and back off pages using the buttons. The magnify button works... just no response to the stylus.

Using Allmine 0.4. Should I update to Allmine 0.5?

Anybody have any insights...

They'll be appreciated...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I seen to remember someone having the same issue where removing the battery for a few hours 'cleared' the problem.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Gerrye
Zealot

I'll give it a try and report back...

Thanks,
Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #4
Gerrye
Zealot

I left the battery out for 6 hours, restarted the EE and it had no effect...

Thanks for trying...
Old 09-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Just thought; Is it the original stylus? Try a different one?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
Gerrye
Zealot

I tried 4 of them. They all work on my various PEs, but not on the EE...
Old 09-19-2014, 03:47 AM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Ouch!

Like Gunner, I thought I remembered other people having similar problems. So far I only see someone who thought a plain old "stick" stylus should work, which clearly is not your problem! If you haven't already, you might try searching through the old forums (by keyword).

I hope you get it back!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You may have to get the screw driver out and check that the flat cable connecting the digitizer circuit board to the main board is firmly in place. I have a memory that was the problem for one person way back at the beginning of this forum or towards the end of the old eDGe forums.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#ee, #ee reader problem, #stylus