Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
glah
glah began at the beginning.

Device: Surface Pro
Fixed Layout AZW to PDF (With images)

Problem: I have a non-DRM ebook in the form of a kindle file. This ebook has graphs, tables, charts, images and other fancy formatting that I would like to have in PDF form.

Unfortunately Calibre doesn't like this, and will spit out terrible text-only copies of a PDF. I find it hard to beleive that there would be no possible way to convert this to a PDF and maintain original formatting. Even if there was just a reader program that would let me print the book that would be perfectly fine.

So far I've found nothing that meets my needs, inckuding on this forum. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance for the help.
glah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Can you open it all right in the calibre ebook-viewer? ebook-viewer does have a print option.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
glah
glah began at the beginning.

Device: Surface Pro
No, it will only open in the kindle reader. I should have said it is an AZW4 file too. I did find this post though that provides a plugin to extract the pdf from the file. Works like a charm. Thanks though!
glah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, formatting errors, kindle to pdf, pdf