Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #16
mb2u
Enthusiast
mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.mb2u got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Touch and Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsRaw View Post
I think its impossible to extract text, unless you crack the pdf (rather difficult) or convert it to text with something like http://pdftoword.pro/
after that text extraction is obviously no problem ^^
I have a few PDF's (not sure what percentage are not image based) where I was able to open in Foxit. I could then use the Select All option and copy the text to a RTF or TXT document. RTF allows for a wider range of formatting so its preferable I think. Users of TXT files notice their pages turn so much faster, but I'm not sure about RTF. Probably similar.
mb2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #17
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2u View Post
How about errors with either of these programs? People rarely talk about errors but they are often present. The trick is to be able to look around them when reading so they don't distract you.
Well with PDF to epub I often convert to epub 1st so that I can correct any errors in Sigil then I use Calibre to convert to Kindle format. I have had a few that won't convert at all in the program. The program usually gives an error message if that happens. There is also Mobipocket Creator which can convert PDF to Kindle. Of course to correct errors in the book you then have to convert to epub (Calibre) so you can load the book to Sigil and then re-convert to Kindle.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
copy text, mobi, pdf