Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Kobo Survey entitled "Tell us what you think"

Okay, so I received a Kobo email re taking a survey:

-------------------------------------------
We want to better understand you and learn about your experiences at Kobo.

To help us, we've hired GfK NOP Market Research, an independent market-research company.

This survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes and your participation is completely voluntary. Your answers are kept anonymous and confidential and will be used for research purposes only.

Please complete and submit the survey before May 13th, 2013.

I'm not sure whether I'll complete it or not.

But I'm sure there's plenty who will .... so please let us know what you think about the survey.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 04-25-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
I just completed it. It took about 15 minutes to complete. It focused on reading habits, social aspect of reading, the devices you own, the brands you trust. It also ask how important price of the books and device are and reasons for your purchase...Etc..etc..etc..
There was a lot of different things in the survey.
I think it was a little early for me to take it. I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee!
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Anything on the survey about customer care experiences?
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
No. There was no opportunity to provide unstructured feedback of any kind and no mention at any point of Kobo's operations, like customer care or firmware updates.

I completed it, but found it a very frustrating experience. For instance, there's one inane page of having to choose a "personality" for my "relationship" with my ereader — best friend, one-night stand, disapproving parent etc. Completely childish and inane imo, and no option to say "none of the above" or "Please be serious, this is an inanimate electronic device we're talking about". Lots of pages where they want you to say things along the lines of "This brand is the one I'm most excited to show to my friends" or "It's important that strangers are impressed by seeing that I own this brand", but no option to say anything pragmatic like "This was a device that had the features and build quality I was willing to pay for".

And then page after page after page of "choose the descriotion that most/least applies to you" where none of the options even came close, and no option to say that or add your own description.

Yeah, sorry, I'm a bit irked. I really hate surveys that seem to aim for predetermined outcomes; they make me feel complicit in something I can't discern but probably don't condone.

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 04-25-2013 at 09:17 AM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Ugg, I hate surveys like that, where they ask you to associate human characteristics with something that's non-human ("If our product was a friend, what sort of friend would it be to you?", etc) That's just stupid!
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Darn, I saw the header and was hoping it would have been a USEFUL survey. Surveys like those are usually the ones they use to better tailor their marketing gimmicks and pricing... and always tend to go to the company's benefit, not the consumer. I applaud you for finishing it; I probably would have stopped taking it once I got as far as trying to humanize the inanimate object.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Some folk are annoyed with the questions asked in this survey, whereas I am annoyed that Kobo does not give a flute what I think as I have not received their survey email yet. Ok, I know they are possibly surveying by geographical region and mine is excluded, but I cannot understand why Kobo is choosing to miss out on my incredibly pertinent and fascinating responses
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
Some folk are annoyed with the questions asked in this survey, whereas I am annoyed that Kobo does not give a flute what I think as I have not received their survey email yet. Ok, I know they are possibly surveying by geographical region and mine is excluded, but I cannot understand why Kobo is choosing to miss out on my incredibly pertinent and fascinating responses
That's EXACTLY how I feel!! Where is my survey???

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
Breid you are a hoot!!

I don't know how they choose the participants, but I can say that the account that they've sent the survey to is my Glo active account - and has no books free or purchased attached to that account. It's my dummy account.

My book purchasing active account I purposely do not attach to the Glo because I don't want auto-sync to sync everything (or anything).

Hence the two accounts - one for the Glo, with no books; and the other for use with purchases/freebies.

I dump all my ebooks, irrespective of where I purchased them and freebies, into my Sony Reader for PC, import them to Calibre where the business is done, and then when I'm ready they go off to one of my ereader devices.

From what I've been reading above about the survey then my golly gee it stinks and maybe the results should just be put in the

And what a waste of money. Which reminds me, I was going to look up the company who Kobo has nominated as their surveyor.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Breid you are a hoot!!

I don't know how they choose the participants, but I can say that the account that they've sent the survey to is my Glo active account - and has no books free or purchased attached to that account. It's my dummy account.

My book purchasing active account I purposely do not attach to the Glo because I don't want auto-sync to sync everything (or anything).

Hence the two accounts - one for the Glo, with no books; and the other for use with purchases/freebies.

I dump all my ebooks, irrespective of where I purchased them and freebies, into my Sony Reader for PC, import them to Calibre where the business is done, and then when I'm ready they go off to one of my ereader devices.

From what I've been reading above about the survey then my golly gee it stinks and maybe the results should just be put in the

And what a waste of money. Which reminds me, I was going to look up the company who Kobo has nominated as their surveyor.
That's where I have been going wrong, I need to stop buying books from Kobo, lol
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #11
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Ugg, I hate surveys like that, where they ask you to associate human characteristics with something that's non-human ("If our product was a friend, what sort of friend would it be to you?", etc) That's just stupid!
When clearly the form of question that would elicit useful information is "if you were to describe you relationship with your ereader as a piece of fruit, what fruit would it be?"

And the correct answer would be a bunch of grapes.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote