Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Nialls
Nialls began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Merge books with Edit Metadata bulk option?

Hi,

New to the forum (Hi!) and thought that I would get stuck in with a request.

I was wondering if Calibres (outstanding software!) merge books records function could be a function in the Edit Metadata bulk.

I've just transferred my old windows archive of books 5,000 titles plus into Calibre and have found that there are lots of doubles and trebles. It appears that the only way to sort them is by looking at each one and then choosing the merge option. I like to keep the different formats.

Looking at every double/treble is going to take a while is there a way of doing it quicker already or having the function in the edit metadata bulk?

Thanks
Nialls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nialls View Post
I've just transferred my old windows archive of books 5,000 titles plus into Calibre and have found that there are lots of doubles and trebles. It appears that the only way to sort them is by looking at each one and then choosing the merge option. I like to keep the different formats.

Looking at every double/treble is going to take a while is there a way of doing it quicker already or having the function in the edit metadata bulk?
If the books and the metadata are both OK, import the books with the automerge settings set to 'Ignore duplicate incoming formats'. Then Calibre will merge duplicate records with different formats and ignore duplicate formats. That's as good as it gets as far as automatic is concerned.

If the metadata is messy or the books are of differing quality, the Find Duplicates plugin can help, but if you want to merge you'll have to do it by hand.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert