Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
navels
navels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Amazon customer service = great

Just wanted to share my story, since it is so unusual in this day and age.

I have a 3rd gen Kindle with 3G and noticed a few months ago that the 3G radio was no longer working. Since I have WiFi at home and work this hasn't been a big deal, but this week I decided to get it resolved.

I followed the online troubleshooting tips. This included resetting to factory defaults. After doing the reset, I was unable to register the device, even while connected to my home WiFi. It also started randomly rebooting. So I called customer service.

He did *not* make me go through all the steps I'd already gone through. He was able to tell instantly that I was still in warranty. We brought up the 611 page (no WAN info available was the result) and so he offered to ship me a new unit by 2-day air, which I just received.

Awesome!

Lee
navels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Hail Bezos!

Good to see another happy customer, thanks for sharing your tale!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Yep, Amazon CS has always been great IMO! Glad it worked out for you

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
It's only great if you call them, which isn't an option for many people.

It's awful if you try to interact with them online.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
It's only great if you call them, which isn't an option for many people.

It's awful if you try to interact with them online.
Email I agree with but Chat, the people on there it's hit and miss.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert