Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Question GUI: Trouble with fonts/Accesibility

Amounting to this:
I get recurring eyesight trouble (on/off) -- thus went to Preferences --> Look and feel, and changed font to Calibri [12pt] (my Windows XP interface is put to ClearType, Big Fonts, but Calibre GUI doesn't seem to reflect it).

The change gave me what is reflected in the attachment; i.e., nice for the library view, ENORMOUS for book details.

Thus, HELP needed:
  1. What did I do wrong?
  2. How to revert to default configuration?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C_screenshot.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	76306  
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
The change gave me what is reflected in the attachment; i.e., nice for the library view, ENORMOUS for book details.

Thus, HELP needed:
  1. What did I do wrong?
  2. How to revert to default configuration?
Did you restart calibre?

I don't see anything wrong or inconsistent. The only way I know to revert to defaults also affects all saved settings. I too have changed my font size settings. I chose Ariel Narrow 13pt, see attached.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	76309  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-09-2011 at 04:48 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
dwanthny, compare font-sizes in:
your attachment: Rows and columns versus Right panel
my attachment: Rows and columns versus Bottom panel
Notice any difference in Font sizes? Because I do! (My eyesight again?)
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
dwanthny, compare font-sizes in:
your attachment: Rows and columns versus Right panel
my attachment: Rows and columns versus Bottom panel
Notice any difference in Font sizes? Because I do! (My eyesight again?)
Your font in the book details is probably a tad bigger than dwanthny's, but not that much bigger.

Last edited by paulfiera; 09-09-2011 at 07:31 AM.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote