Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
kveroneau
Edge User

Question bluez appears to be missing from the source code

I an effort to compile hidd manually and run via a terminal on the device itself to get a Bluetooth keyboard linked, I cannot seem to locate the bluez source being used.

Does Android manage bluetooth devices in a different manner? xda-developers says that one can manually link any BT keyboard to Android by running hidd on most devices. Although, the eDGe seems to be missing the hidd binary.

Can someone who has been looking through the source point me in the right direction, or compile a hidd for all of us to use until enTourage releases official BT keyboard support?

Thanks.