Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Question Insert metadata as page...

I have inserted a couple of books metadata as page at start of book - I miss the physical books back cover, where you can read a resume of the book or short reviews.

It shows OK in calibre viewer and in Sigil, but not in iBooks. Anybody knows how to get iBooks to show this?

Many thanks!
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try paging backwards from the first displayed page in iBooks.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
I have inserted a couple of books metadata as page at start of book - I miss the physical books back cover, where you can read a resume of the book or short reviews.

It shows OK in calibre viewer and in Sigil, but not in iBooks. Anybody knows how to get iBooks to show this?
There should be no reason for it not to show in iBooks. It is inserted as the first page in the book. You should delete a book from your iPad that this is happening to and delete it from iTunes. Then send a book that you can view the book jacket in calibre. Unless you start fresh you can't be sure your iPad is looking at the updated book.

If that and paging backwards as GRiker suggested don't work you might want to open a bug report and attach a book that doesn't show the Book jacket.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Try paging backwards from the first displayed page in iBooks.

G
That did it.

Many thanks, GRiker.

Strange way iBooks has to open books first time though.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
There should be no reason for it not to show in iBooks. It is inserted as the first page in the book. You should delete a book from your iPad that this is happening to and delete it from iTunes. Then send a book that you can view the book jacket in calibre. Unless you start fresh you can't be sure your iPad is looking at the updated book.
Thanks, dwanthny.

I did exactly that a couple of times. Paging backwards solved the problem.

What do you guys think of inserting metadata as the first page? I wish there was the possibility for back covers in the ePub specs !
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
What do you guys think of inserting metadata as the first page? I wish there was the possibility for back covers in the ePub specs !
I insert the metadata on all my books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Looks like a good idea. Now I'll have to reconvert all my books
Old 12-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
I think that is one of the great features of Calibre, one of the things I missed in ebooks was being able to read the description. When you have a couple hundred books loaded you tend to forget. I allways add the metadata to the begining even if I have to reconvert a ebook to get it is.

The other thing I do when ever I update the reader I redo the catalog for the books loaded on the reader and add that so I can browse the catalog and descriptions.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote