Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
BookDesigner & LIT - Just One Page

First I want to thank all who have helped this n00b, your guidance has been great!

I have struggled mightly with BookDesigner and LIT files. BD will open the LIT file but I only get 1 page displayed. I know the LIT files are complete books.

Any ideas why BD only shows one page?
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think we'll need a little bit more info.

What OS?
How did you installed BD?
What dated update are you running?
Have you tried to convert the LIT to HTML using CLIT and seeing if that works?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I think the problem will be that some lit files are made up of lots of html files, I've used the html joiner before with some success for that, but it's not ideal
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I think the problem will be that some lit files are made up of lots of html files, I've used the html joiner before with some success for that, but it's not ideal
Book Designer has a facility to join multiple HTML or text files.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think we'll need a little bit more info.

What OS?
How did you installed BD?
What dated update are you running?
Have you tried to convert the LIT to HTML using CLIT and seeing if that works?
I am using XP Home thru VMWare and via Bootcamp. Either way I am having this problem. I could see how running XP via virtualization in OSX could be a problem. However the problem exists when booting into full XP via Bootcamp too.

Using the 5/30 update.

I have not used CLIT and will try. But I would rather just use BD.

I must admit that I have installed/uninstalled BD half a dozen times. Do you think there is an orphaned registry setting that is gumming up the works?

Kevin
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Try the 2007-07-30 upgrade that I recently fixed up. Maybe that will solve the problem. the 2007-05-30 update has some issues that cause loading of LIT not to always work.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Book Designer has a facility to join multiple HTML or text files.
Can't find that option.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Tools/Join Books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Tools/Join Books.
Thx harry, when I join the files and load it in book designer the last page is at the beginning !!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The books are joined in the order they are displayed in the dialog - ie in alphabetical order of names. You need to make sure that they are ordered correctly before joining them.

I use this tool a great deal, and it works fine for me!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #11
Gibbo
Guru

I've joined other html files and they're fine but not this one still comes out backwards .
Old 08-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #12
Gibbo
Guru

This pic is the folder with all the files after conversion by LitConverter.

And this pic from Book Designer.

As you can see they're alphbetical so don't know why the final conversion comes out backwards.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Gibbo, BD will read in the LIT as is. So why not just load the DRM free LIT file into BD directly and forget the conversion to HTML and then having to join the mess?