Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I uploaded the wrong installer for Windows x64. You should see a new version uploaded shortly.
This used to happen to me all the time until took the time to setup a fully automated build and release process.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This used to happen to me all the time until took the time to setup a fully automated build and release process.
Thanks.

I'm currently trying to hack something like that together with Python.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks.

I'm currently trying to hack something like that together with Python.
You might find some of the code in the setup directory in the calibre source tree useful. For example there is code to upload files to google code automatically.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
For example there is code to upload files to google code automatically.
That's not a problem, even google provides a script for automatic uploading of files to GC.

What I want is a system that will trigger builds on 5 different OSs across 3 computers, some of which run VMs. I then want that system to install the binaries and run them, and report any problems encountered.

That's the hard part.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's code to do that as well (though it assumes you are running the build process on a linux machine and all the actual build system are in vmware virtual machines). You have to setup cygwin + sshd on your windows build vm so you can control it remotely easily. OS X and linux come with sshd already, so that's easy.

And since Sigil has a relatively homogenous build process, basically Qt + tidy I believe you wont need to jump through as many hoops as I have to, to build calibre.

Quote:
That's not a problem, even google provides a script for automatic uploading of files to GC.

What I want is a system that will trigger builds on 5 different OSs across 3 computers, some of which run VMs. I then want that system to install the binaries and run them, and report any problems encountered.

That's the hard part.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
I uploaded the wrong installer for Windows x64. You should see a new version uploaded shortly.

My inability to release a version of Sigil without fucking something up just goes to show how incompetent I am.

EDIT: uploaded correct version.

I am glad it was on your end because I was losing my mind.

Incompetent? No, incompetent would be uploading the proper file after realizing it and not telling anyone because of ego/pride (I've experienced this in some software development lol). That would be incompetent. What you did was just a simple mistake that could happen to anyone.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #22
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Ah there we go. All is better with my mind now (well at least regarding Sigil).

Thanks!
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #23
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Question about the new installer: this is my first time installing Sigil, so I don't know if this is normal. But it asked to be installed to Program Files (x86), instead of Program Files.

The installed program does appears to be 64-bit, despite being installed to the wrong place.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #24
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
Question about the new installer: this is my first time installing Sigil, so I don't know if this is normal. But it asked to be installed to Program Files (x86), instead of Program Files.

The installed program does appears to be 64-bit, despite being installed to the wrong place.
People ask this all the time, don't worry. It's a bug, but in InstallJammer. The IJ devs say it should be fixed in the next version.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
craft2113
craft2113 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Hi
Can i use this in Windows XP?
Thank you
craft2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #26
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I was happily playing with the first .2 beta, but this second version is giving me fits.

After running into the wait-state error that was talked about in the other thread (twice, losing my edits both times), I tried a very simple test - I opened a file and tried to save it. This very reliably crashes/hangs for me whether I do a "save" or "save as". Of course, if I use "save" I lose the original file, never a good option. If I simply open Sigil and save the empty/default file it works.

I'm on Mac 10.6.2 - what info can I provide to help debug? I very impressed with Sigil and I've found it very useful.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I was happily playing with the first .2 beta, but this second version is giving me fits.

After running into the wait-state error that was talked about in the other thread (twice, losing my edits both times), I tried a very simple test - I opened a file and tried to save it. This very reliably crashes/hangs for me whether I do a "save" or "save as". Of course, if I use "save" I lose the original file, never a good option. If I simply open Sigil and save the empty/default file it works.

I'm on Mac 10.6.2 - what info can I provide to help debug? I very impressed with Sigil and I've found it very useful.
The crash-on-save has been reported, and I still can't reproduce it. I've added a mechanism that should print out a detailed error message when such a crash occurs with instructions to report it on the tracker. That dialog should contain valuable debug information. So far, no one has posted this debug info, including the original issue reporters.

The deadlock bug(s)... when I see them, I fix them. It's not hard. But I have to see them. The last time I saw one was a couple of weeks ago.

If you can get the deadlock to reproduce with a sequence of repeatable steps, then report that on the tracker and I'll fix it (more info here). I've said this countless times, I cannot fix a bug I cannot see. Issue reporters have to provide the necessary information to help me see the bug, and that's it. The more info, the better.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #28
craft2113
craft2113 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
i installed successfully in windows 7 using x86. I would like also to install sigil on my girlfriend's windows xp. but im getting error
craft2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #29
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft2113 View Post
i installed successfully in windows 7 using x86. I would like also to install sigil on my girlfriend's windows xp. but im getting error
See here.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #30
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Can't save my work: Ubuntu 09.10 32bit. CPU 100% no end of busy.
Another observation. Source file disappears from folder. Gone .
I have the same here in Windows7 32 bit, and beta 2. Freezes on exit, the file gets deleted from the source folder.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote