Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
HelenWaite
Customer Complaints
HelenWaite began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Exclamation collections?

I would like to transfer several books by the same author as a group so that they all show up that way on my 505. how can i do that?
Helen Waite
HelenWaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWaite View Post
I would like to transfer several books by the same author as a group so that they all show up that way on my 505. how can i do that?
Helen Waite
Welcome to MobileRead, Helen.

Someone will be helping you shortly, I"m sure.

Just to be clear for me, you aren't asking to have the books shown by 'author', you want all of them together as one group?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
HelenWaite
Customer Complaints

Quote:
Just to be clear for me, you aren't asking to have the books shown by 'author', you want all of them together as one group?
yes, how do I do that?
Thank you
Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i use calibre (free library management, conversion, and rss feed aggregator tool) to make collections. add the books to the calibre library, then in library view add either a tag or a series name (if it's a series, you can add the series number as well). when you send the books to your sony, it will automatically create a collection for each tag and series you've added, and you can see the books under the "collections" view.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i just noticed you're new to the forum helen, so let me add to my previous post :
first, welcome ! take a look around, don't hesitate to ask questions.

second : calibre has its own forum here where you can find lots of good tips. and once you've added your books, you can edit the meta data (adding tags, etc.) by selecting the book in the library view and typing "e".
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you click the little plus sign at the bottom of the screen in the Sony software it will create a collection which you can name whatever you want and then drag specific books from your library into it and place them in whatever order you wish. The collection can then be sync'd or dragged to the Reader and will show up in the Collections menu.

The manual probably has a better explanation.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
HelenWaite
Customer Complaints

Thanks for the welcome and thanks to all of you for replying! I see two really good ideas here and I will try them.
Thanks,
Helen
Old 05-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWaite View Post
Thanks for the welcome and thanks to all of you for replying! I see two really good ideas here and I will try them.
Thanks,
Helen
Hold on just one second there, girlie.

You don't really think you're done here, do you?

Ah, no. There is so much more to see and do. Check out all the forums, especially the lounge and welcome to your new home..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote