Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2017, 02:20 AM   #421
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Is there a way you could call them? Or else, write and send them a letter by signed post and demand that the situation be resolved?

I wonder if their support is actually able to understand spoken Englsh, as they already seem to have some problems with reading it.
I wrote another email, to which they first didn't respond. Then I wrote the same thing on their facebook site and boom, answer gotten. BUT once again they just said they are working on it. And even though they gave me an delivery date on the phone two weeks ago, now in writing they don't. Just something uninsignificant about being in production and then they'd ship it off "urgently".

Yeah, and there is a Santa Clause. No, really!

They are slippery as eels and arrogant as a French man. Oh, wait, they are French, aren't they. Being half Senegalese I really should have known better than making business with a French company.

Maybe I'll just spend the weekend spamming their social media, might spur them into action.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:20 AM   #422
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm really sorry. I don't think this is the proper way of a company.
Thank you! And no, it isn't.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #423
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post

Maybe I'll just spend the weekend spamming their social media, might spur them into action.
I vote you spam them - and not with the luncheon meat
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #424
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
I vote you spam them - and not with the luncheon meat
No, use both types. That will get there attention! And the satisfaction of actually throwing the spam
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #425
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, use both types. That will get there attention! And the satisfaction of actually throwing the spam

Yes! And leave it in the tin
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #426
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Yeah, and there is a Santa Clause. No, really!
Strange that you have so much problems returning the cover while my return request was readily accepted (apart from a suggestion to send me the other type, which I declined).

By the way, I stuck double-sided tape inside the original cover. Seems to work OK, especially on the slick part at the top of the Aura. At the lower corners, it at least makes sure the corners don't pop off so easily.

(And as someone else once said: you're using double-sided tape on your device? Yes. You can't see it, and it does the job. It's an e-reader, to be *used* until it either breaks, or something obviously better comes along, not a holy object to be revered until eternity.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-14-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #427
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Strange that you have so much problems returning the cover while my return request was readily accepted (apart from a suggestion to send me the other type, which I declined).
Yours was the generic black on black one and mine was custom made, that's why. And of course they are French.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #428
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yours was the generic black on black one and mine was custom made, that's why.
Oh, indeed. If you've ordered something special, it could be problematic, as they can't sell it until someone orders exactly that combination of materials and colors.... and they've got a LOT of them.

Still, if the cover doesn't do what it says, like stay shut and get the reader to sleep reliably, it's faulty.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #429
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Yours was the generic black on black one and mine was custom made, that's why. And of course they are French.
Hey, I am French. And I happen to be OK (let's say.. I think I am. Not sure now...)
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #430
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Hey, I am French. And I happen to be OK (let's say.. I think I am. Not sure now...)

Old 01-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #431
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Oh, indeed. If you've ordered something special, it could be problematic, as they can't sell it until someone orders exactly that combination of materials and colors.... and they've got a LOT of them.

Still, if the cover doesn't do what it says, like stay shut and get the reader to sleep reliably, it's faulty.
They can't sell it to anyone else anyway because it is faulty. But they claim they don't pay back the money because it was custom made. Which actually makes no sense. It would make sense if the cover would work and they would have a hard time selling it to someone else. As it is they fraud another person, if they'd sell my old cover to them. Now they are just frauding me with pocketing my money and not sending me a replacement for two month now and not even giving me a date when to expect it. And even if it ever shows up I am not sure I'll be able to use it without reminding me of them and making me angry every time I see it.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #432
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
They can't sell it to anyone else anyway because it is faulty. But they claim they don't pay back the money because it was custom made. Which actually makes no sense. It would make sense if the cover would work and they would have a hard time selling it to someone else. As it is they fraud another person, if they'd sell my old cover to them. Now they are just frauding me with pocketing my money and not sending me a replacement for two month now and not even giving me a date when to expect it. And even if it ever shows up I am not sure I'll be able to use it without reminding me of them and making me angry every time I see it.
I can certainly understand, but regrettably, there isn't anything I can do. I think we both lost big in the KA1 cover lottery; you through Noreve (if you're really unlucky and don't get another working cover), I through almost being forced to buy the original €50 cover after five failed attempts at third party covers.

The only third party cover that *might* have worked was the ForeFront case, as its unreliability may have been a firmware problem. I didn't dare order it again though, after seeing that your cover worked, and mine didn't, even when ordering the exact same model from the same seller. (Although in a different color.)
Old 01-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #433
aikidoka
aikidoka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura One
Finally I use the sleepcover case from kwmobile, it is not real leather nor book bindery hardback but it is good enough for the price.

Last edited by aikidoka; 01-18-2017 at 04:09 PM.
aikidoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:38 AM   #434
maxxximilian
maxxximilian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post
What color did you get? I’ve read some review that said that their purple is not as garish as it looks in the pictures. I wonder it that’s the case for all the other colors, cause they do look extremely gaudy.
I got black.
maxxximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #435
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxximilian View Post
I got black.
Played it safe, eh?
Fine, I’ll take white then
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote