Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
dma61
dma61 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
epub to pdf

I have some bought ebook that i want to convert to pdf.

I used several tools but they did not provide a good pdf format.
- no with for top, bottom, left and right
- there are footnote references in the epub who do not appear in the pdf
- converting bij calibre gives me very huge fontypes and small page sizes.

How do i proceed.

Ik can probably use sigil en printing page by page but that is nog wat i expect.
The ebook must be converted at once.

By the way, PRINCE PDF i did not get it working i get a code 0 and a remark about installing correctly..

Hope someones helps me out.

Regards, DMA
dma61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #2
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma61 View Post
- converting bij calibre gives me very huge fontypes and small page sizes.
That's right, because by default Calibe uses the dimensons of readerdisplays. So the page size ist lice a post card. The font size isn't huge. It only seems so, because you see it in the little page.

But where ist the problem? Calibre can't know what you whant. You must say it. So before starting the convertion cange the "PDF-output" options. There you find parameters for paper size and font sizes.

Oh, you must use "override paper size of outputprofile". If you don't it ignores paper size an font size.

Idea:
Try printing in the ebookviewer of Calibre. OK, it dosn't know about PDF, but there are enough PDF printerdrivers available.

Quote:
- no with for top, bottom, left and right
- there are footnote references in the epub who do not appear in the pdf
I think it's a better idea to convert to RTF. Then use the word processor of your coise to rework it.
faltradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma61 View Post
By the way, PRINCE PDF i did not get it working i get a code 0 and a remark about installing correctly...
You must install Prince (www.princexml.com) separately, it is an independent program.

Then, for the plugin, you must provide the command-line executable. Visit the plugin thread for more information, and ask there if you have further questions.

But in order to get the results you want from Prince you need to have some CSS knowledge.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #4
BatmansDouble
BatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura
The best epub to pdf method I've found is this:

1. Convert epub to htmlz in Calibre
2. Extract the htmlz using WinRAR
3. Open the .html file in Word
4. Fix any formatting errors and make it look pretty
5. Save it as pdf

It can be a little bit time consuming (depending on how well the epub is formatted) but it is arguably the best and easiest way to get it to look the way you want.
BatmansDouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, epub, pdf