Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
krapenc
krapenc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
PDF management?

Hello,

I've been loving calibre for management of my eBooks, but I have a problem with my imported PDFs. I hope you can help me...!

The library looks fine on calibre, but it looks wonky when I move it to my device. Instead of the title being "The Secret History," (like it is in calibre,) it's "Secret History, The -- Donna Tarrt -- PDF," or something like this...

I've tried changing the name of the original file. I've looked for every variation to modify in the metadata. I can't figure it out!

(And it makes my OCD go nuts, if the titles aren't all the same....!)

Please help!

Thanks,
JK
krapenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The Kindle doesn't read PDF metadata for the title, it gets the title from the filename. You need to rename the file manually to "The Secret History.pdf"
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle, pdf