Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Backing up Calibre Library to SkyDrive

I have just installed SkyDrive with a view to backing up Calibre Library. I seem to be having some difficulty trying to upload the Library. I get the message "Sorry SkyDrive can't upload folders or empty files. Please try again". Is anyone using SkyDrive for this purpose please?.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Not gonna be much help actually figuring out what the problem is, but my Calibre library is in Skydrive.

Have used it like that for months will no problems.

Hopefully someone more techy will be along to help with ideas to sort it out.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

I think you may be of help. When I use Dropbox I just drag and drop my Calibre Library without any trouble. It just doesn't work for me with SkyDrive so I must be doing something wrong. I have created a folder in documents "Calibre Library" then I try to drag and drop into that folder but it gives me the above message. Do I have to OPEN the Calibre Library folder and then drag and drop all the files?.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
I use Dropbox for my library.
Dropbox/Calibre Library
Works great
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Nicko
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxArie View Post
I use Dropbox for my library.
Dropbox/Calibre Library
Works great
I agree but I wanted to try SkyDrive and it is annoying me that I can't drop and drag, probably due to me ignorance.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
Nicko
Groupie

I ended up reinstalling SkyDrive and everything is working as it should. I guess there was a gremlin in the original installation.