Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
curiouscat
Enthusiast
curiouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Oasis
Question Is it worth rooting my t2 or time for a new device?

Hi, my Sony t2 is lagging, has the reflow bug and refuses pdfs by freezing every time I open one. Would rooting it fix these problems or does this model just suddenly give up the ghost? If rooting is worth a go please post newbie instructions. Thanks.
curiouscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
If it's unstable, I imagine it would make it worse. If it's dying anyway, I guess it's worth a shot. You could also upgrade the firmware, but beware: Beyond a certain firmware version you cannot root.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Rooting itself won't solve your problems, but it will enable you to run alternative software for reading epubs and pdfs (which may solve your problems).
Old 12-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
curiouscat
Enthusiast
curiouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks, factory reset tried. Have saved myself further headache and brought a nook. Consider the problem solved.

Last edited by curiouscat; 12-23-2013 at 05:03 AM.
curiouscat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezes, pdf, reflow, rooting