Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Detect id user dismisses "connect to computer" dialog

I just started hacking my KT (added a connector to access the serial console) and now I'm wondering if it's possible to detect if the user has dismissed the "Connect to computer" dialog.
The things I've seen in dmesg and udevadm only show the plug-in and unplug events.

What I want to do is if I connect my KT via USB and I dismiss the connection, it should start USB networking automatically.
If g_ether module is loaded and I want to connect as masstorage, the masstorage module won't load with a "resource busy" message, which is understandable.

Regards
Aydan
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

I solved the issue differently in the meantime.
I addad a udev rule to load the g_ether module and start dropbear when the kobo gets plugged in, and I modified the usb udev script to unload the g_ether module before loading the file storage module.
This way I get usb network as soon as i connect the kobo and if I click "connect" the usb mass storage still works as expected.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
I solved the issue differently in the meantime.
I addad a udev rule to load the g_ether module and start dropbear when the kobo gets plugged in, and I modified the usb udev script to unload the g_ether module before loading the file storage module.
This way I get usb network as soon as i connect the kobo and if I click "connect" the usb mass storage still works as expected.
Nice job!!!
Would you mind to share it?
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
Aydan
Connoisseur

I'll try to make a writeup over the weekend. I'll be busy over the week.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
I'll try to make a writeup over the weekend. I'll be busy over the week.
Thanks! Very interesting!
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
Aydan
Connoisseur

I just finished a KoboRoot.tgz with all the necessary scripts and stuff. What is missing is a runonce script to patch Kobo's own /urs/local/Kobo/udev/usb script (I don't want to just copy mine over without checking if it's ok to do so) and testing the thing from a fresh factory reset and upgrade.
I tried putting a selfdeleting script into /etc/rc.d but it seems it doesn't get run.

Regards
Aydan
Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
Aydan
Connoisseur

I made a new thread here