Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #1396
lyssette
lyssette began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
@JimmXinu - Thanks for the quick response! I'm still new to using FFDL and testing out it's abilities. I do appreciate all the work put in to maintain stable and consistent outputs.

Here's a shorter story with what I'm looking at, when authors have short quotes at the start of a story that is either centered or right aligned.
Example: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9228136/1/The-Keyhole
Old 05-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #1397
lyssette

Sorry double post.

Last edited by lyssette; 05-14-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #1398
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Jimmi, I've run into a slight problem. It may be a problem with my ereader, and if it is, I'll take it up with them, but I wondered if it wasn't something in the css or something here. I'm mentioning it because it might affect others. I have an android tablet, and I use fbReader to read my fics on it. I download them through the OPDML library in Calibre when I want one that's not already on the tablet, or has been updated. One of my friends has written an amazing series (found at http://archiveofourown.org/series/9905 ) and I wanted to catch up with it. So, I downloaded it onto my fbReader. It seemed to download, but only took a very short time to do so. Come to find out, it only downloaded the first book in the anthology epub. So, I don't know if that's fbReader, FFDL, or some weird mix of the two. I'll notify them, too, just in case it's on their end.
Thanks.
SARA
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #1399
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I have a quick question. I apologize if it's already been asked and answered. I tried searching through this thread and couldn't find my answer, but I may have missed it.

When I download from AO3, I get a lot of unnecessary tags. That's not the plug-in's fault, I know. Some people just like to tag, I guess. Can I set the plug-in to only download certain tags? Thanks!

Edit: Had some time so I did an internet search and found the answer to this. Sorry to have bothered you!

Also, I've managed to tweak this so it helps Calibre do everything I want it to do. Excellent plug-in!

Last edited by jstabe; 05-15-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Found the answer elsewhere
Old 05-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #1400
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabe View Post
I have a quick question. I apologize if it's already been asked and answered. I tried searching through this thread and couldn't find my answer, but I may have missed it.

When I download from AO3, I get a lot of unnecessary tags. That's not the plug-in's fault, I know. Some people just like to tag, I guess. Can I set the plug-in to only download certain tags? Thanks!

Edit: Had some time so I did an internet search and found the answer to this. Sorry to have bothered you!

Also, I've managed to tweak this so it helps Calibre do everything I want it to do. Excellent plug-in!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one annoyed by the extra tags. I guess I worked too long in a library to tag something with extraneous stuffs. Heh. (I know it's a personal problem).
Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #1401
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyssette View Post
@JimmXinu - Thanks for the quick response! I'm still new to using FFDL and testing out it's abilities. I do appreciate all the work put in to maintain stable and consistent outputs.
So much for my quick response--the forum didn't notify me about new posts for the last several days. Sorry about that.

Attached is a version that adds a feature to let you keep the style attributes on tags. That retains the centering for story you linked.

You need to turn it on by adding a parameter to your FFDL personal.ini tab:
Code:
[defaults]
keep_style_attr:true
...after you've installed the attached version, of course. If you need help with that, refer to the Introduction to plugins thread.

UPDATE Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-26-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #1402
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@thecookiemommma -

I'm not familiar with "OPDML library". FFDL is able to download that series fine for me, so I assume you have some other problem.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #1403
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:

Glad you found a solution already. And I'm glad you like FFDL.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #1404
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Never Mind!

The problem was the columns. I had use as names

Last edited by doudda; 05-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #1405
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@doudda - Most of us use a custom 'Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tab browser'-type column to hold that and it works fine.

Why do you think it should be separated with & instead?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #1406
lyssette

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
So much for my quick response--the forum didn't notify me about new posts for the last several days. Sorry about that.

Attached is a version that adds a feature to let you keep the style attributes on tags. That retains the centering for story you linked.
Aside from forum error, I think this is pretty fast work for a request so no apologies needed . I'm really liking the ability to customize information and style of the output.

The plugin you attached works perfectly with a few other stories on FFnet I tested! Thank you!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #1407
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@thecookiemommma -

I'm not familiar with "OPDML library". FFDL is able to download that series fine for me, so I assume you have some other problem.
I may have the letters wrong. I'm sorry. It's when you've got the content server running and download it to another device from your hard drive through that. FBReader calls it that, I think. Anyway, it's part of FBReader, so it may be on their end.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #1408
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
Red face

Quote:

Any chance you could provide a link me to what you found to help you with this? I would be very interested in learning.

Last edited by jessifanfic; 05-17-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #1409
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I've been off boards for a while, but still happily using this excellent plugin!

Just wondering if the following site could be supported?
http://meryton.com/aha/index.php?showforum=5
It is a Jane Austen fanfic site.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #1410
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Just wondering if the following site could be supported?
http://meryton.com/aha/index.php?showforum=5
It is a Jane Austen fanfic site.
You can't see that without an account. I tried to register for an account, but haven't heard anything back and now it says 'Username or password incorrect' instead of 'you don't have permission'. So I think my req was denied.

Even then, that looks like a forum rather than a dedicated fiction site.

So, odds are against it getting supported.
Closed Thread