Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #526
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've been in a reading slump lately, so have been searching manybooks "Young Readers" genre for easy, fun reads to get me back into the habit. One of the books I found was originally illustrated, and manybooks have put descriptions where the illustrations should be.

I would greatly appreciate an illustrated lrf edition of:

Grand-Daddy Whiskers, M.D
by: Nellie M. Leonard

As it's available (without illustrations) on manybooks, I'm assuming it's in the public domain.

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #527
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The illustrator was CARLE MICHEL BOOG who died in 1967, so the illustrations won't be out of copyright in the UK until 2038. There's a later illustrated version when the illustrations are also still in copyright.

Nellie M Leonard was born in 1875. I haven't found when Nellie M Leonard died, so I can't tell if the text is out of copyright in the UK.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #528
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The illustrator was CARLE MICHEL BOOG who died in 1967, so the illustrations won't be out of copyright in the UK until 2038. There's a later illustrated version when the illustrations are also still in copyright.

Nellie M Leonard was born in 1875. I haven't found when Nellie M Leonard died, so I can't tell if the text is out of copyright in the UK.

No guarantee, given there's little other information - but I have found this ...

(source: records.ancestry.com/Results.aspx?fn=Nellie+M&ln=Leonard )
Nellie M Leonard
Birth: Oct 1875
Death: 1956

Father: Charles Melvin Leonard
Mother: Mary E

(One other Nellie M Leonard found with d.o.b. 1876; source nytompki.org/cemeteries/tcem033)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #529
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So confusing. Thanks.

Is there a problem with "What Katy Did"? The author, Susan Coolidge, died in 1905. An edition with illustrations, in lrf, would be great.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #530
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
So confusing. Thanks.

Is there a problem with "What Katy Did"? The author, Susan Coolidge, died in 1905. An edition with illustrations, in lrf, would be great.

You may have to source something, Gutenburg has no illustrations in their mobi/epub versions, nor are there any in html.

There are a few in this version here >>> http://digital.library.upenn.edu/wom...katy/katy.html

Last edited by GeoffC; 01-20-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #531
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"archive.org" is a good source for illustrations.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #532
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"archive.org" is a good source for illustrations.
They lack those for the Katy books - with links onward to Gutenborg.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #533
BookCat
C L J

Thank you for the link, GeoffC. How do I convert the html format with images, into lrf? I have Calibre and have used it for converting epubs and pdf's, but I'm not sure how to put the html plus images in Calibre. Also, the images look tiny compared to the text, how do I overcome that?

The only way that I can think of is to copy/paste into Word, enlarge the images, save as rtf, then see if Calibre can convert that an keep the illustrations.

Any advice from more experienced converters is very welcome. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #534
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Zip the HTML + images. Load the Zip file into Calibre.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #535
BookCat
C L J

Harry, the page doesn't come with separate images, they're just in the text. I can save this as a web page, but I don't think Calibre will accept a web page for conversion. If you click GeoffC's link, it's a complete document, not a folder. Thanks for the advice anyway H.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #536
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Harry, the page doesn't come with separate images, they're just in the text. I can save this as a web page, but I don't think Calibre will accept a web page for conversion. If you click GeoffC's link, it's a complete document, not a folder. Thanks for the advice anyway H.
The images are separate; they just show together on the webpage. HTML files can't contain images; they only link to them.

If you do "save page as" and select "web page, complete" rather than "web page, HTML only," you'll get a separate folder with the images along with the html file that includes the text. You should be able to zip the HTML file and corresponding folder and import that to Calibre.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #537
BookCat
C L J

Do I have to put the "web page, complete" into the folder which appears, before zipping?

I think I've done it wrong. I've zipped the folder, but without putting the html file in it. I hope this makes sense.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #538
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You'll get a file, "page.html" and a folder, "page", which contains the images for that page. Create a ZIP file containing both the HTML file and the folder (with its contents) and import that ZIP file into Calibre.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #539
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Do I have to put the "web page, complete" into the folder which appears, before zipping?

I think I've done it wrong. I've zipped the folder, but without putting the html file in it. I hope this makes sense.

You can simple add the html file. You will need both.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #540
BookCat
C L J

Success! Thank you.

Would you like me to send you a copy for the library? You may want to alter parts of it before including it. The ebook is good enough for me, but I don't think it's up to the library's standard.