Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
Recommend a Book From the Kindle Owner Lending Library?

I'm taking advantage of a free month of amazon prime membership, so of course I want to borrow a free book! Can someone recommend a book from the kindle owners lending library to me? I've already read the hunger games trilogy and I have water for elephants, so those are out. Thanks in advance!
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Fire and Ice(Liam Campbell #1) by Dana Stabenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
I'm taking advantage of a free month of amazon prime membership, so of course I want to borrow a free book! Can someone recommend a book from the kindle owners lending library to me? I've already read the hunger games trilogy and I have water for elephants, so those are out. Thanks in advance!
Fire and Ice (Liam Campbell #1) by Dana Stabenow
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Does it work for you? I also just started my free month trial, and the "Prime Lending Library" option still doesn't appear on my DXG. I was already wondering if they only made it available after I started my paid membership.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Recommend a Book From the Kindle Owner Lending Library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Does it work for you? I also just started my free month trial, and the "Prime Lending Library" option still doesn't appear on my DXG. I was already wondering if they only made it available after I started my paid membership.
I haven't used Prime Lending but once when it first was offered. As I remember, you simply search for a book on your Kindle and if it's available to borrow then it'll have the option to borrow it in addition to an option to purchase it. Obviously it makes the process easier if you already know (from browsing amazon.com on a computer) what title you want to borrow before you shop the store with your Kindle.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
It's only available to people in the US. You are, I believe, in Taiwan?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Prime lending rocks!

Here are four books I've either read or they are on my wish list to borrow:
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael lewis - non-fiction. Breakdown of the mortgage crisis.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Fiction - I haven't read it (yet), but it looks like a popular sci-fi/post apocalyptic novel.
Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese - Fiction/Fantasy - If you liked Terry Pratchett's Good Omens you'll like this. Not recommended for religious fanatics.
Water for Elephants - Fiction. On my wish list for future borrowing. It's received lots of great reviews.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. If you haven't read this, you're in for a shock and a treat.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Fire and Ice (Liam Campbell #1) by Dana Stabenow
Good one. Sadly, I already own it. The hard task is finding one I'd normally buy or am at least mildly interested in amongst all the dross.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dana Stabenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Good one. Sadly, I already own it. The hard task is finding one I'd normally buy or am at least mildly interested in amongst all the dross.
Dana's got a scifi trilogy called Star Svensdotter and the first one is Second Star ($0.00) and the other two are A Handful of Stars ($3.82) and Red Planet Run ($4.99). I thought they were all great!

P.S. Sources other than Amazon are here.

P.S.S , sorry, none of these books are Prime lending, but the first one is FREE!!

Last edited by alansplace; 01-09-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add an oops!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Dana's got a scifi trilogy called Star Svensdotter and the first one is Second Star ($0.00) and the other two are A Handful of Stars ($3.82) and Red Planet Run ($4.99). I thought they were all great!

P.S. Sources other than Amazon are here.

P.S.S , sorry, none of these books are Prime lending, but the first one is FREE!!
I've read all of them already.

What we need here is something new to us and in Amazon Prime that we can borrow to discover a new author. And I still don't have my January book identified, unfortunately.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
sdawson
sdawson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thru the Prime lending library I've read so far:
Water for Elephants
An Amish Fiction book I can't remember the name of right now
The Hunger Games

I enjoyed all of them and returned them within a couple of days.
I look forward to the first of each month when I can pick another one to "borrow".
sdawson is offline   Reply With Quote