Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
lbdyck
lbdyck began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
DOCX to EPUB and Tables are not converted correctly

I have a document (docx) that I am working with. It converts well and one of the simple tables converts ok (the change history) but the other tables (2 column) do not with column 1 with missing contents or messed up. I've attached the epub result but could not attach the docx as it was reported as unsupported so I saved it as a doc and uploaded that. I've created (SnagIt) 2 images - p1.jpg is the word document table and p2.jpg is the resulting epub table.

Please advise how I can get these tables to convert properly.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	154213   Click image for larger version

Name:	p2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	154214  
Attached Files
File Type: epub RUNC 3.3 Users Guide - Lionel B Dyck.epub (17.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: doc RUNC 3.3 Users Guide.doc (104.0 KB, 159 views)
lbdyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
attach the docx, zip it up into a zip file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
lbdyck

zip

Here are the files in a zip format

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre_files.zip (163.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 02:50 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm that file uses a somewhat unusual style of markup for its tables, if I fond the time I will see about adding support for it to calibre, but in the meantime you can try saving as filtered html in Word and converting that in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:27 AM   #5
lbdyck

Thumbs up Perfect - Thank you

Filtered HTML provided the necessary changes to the file and the ePub is excellent now.

THANK YOU