Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2022, 06:52 AM   #1
dhill
Connoisseur
dhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad 2, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Scribe Delivery Dates

I pre-ordered the 64GB Scribe on 10/2 with a delivery date range of 12/7 to 12/28. I have been checking back over the last few weeks and the delivery dates for new orders have gone to as late as 12/26 then back to 12/19. As of this morning all of the Scribes have delivery dates of 11/30 if ordered today. Mine still says 12/7 to 12/28. I hope Amazon will update my delivery date to 11/30 also since I ordered early. Did the delivery date on your order update?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-01_03-48-48.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	197490  

Last edited by dhill; 11-01-2022 at 10:29 AM.
dhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Hello - My delivery date has not moved since ordering on 9/28. It's showing "Arriving Dec 2 - Dec 23".
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:21 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Hello - My delivery date has not moved since ordering on 9/28. It's showing "Arriving Dec 2 - Dec 23".
You could try to place another order and see what the date is and if it's earlier, place the order and cancel the one you have.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #4
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You could try to place another order and see what the date is and if it's earlier, place the order and cancel the one you have.
Interesting idea. I didn't pull the trigger but it shows that if I were to place another order it would deliver on 11/30. Maybe I'll place another and cancel the last one to ship.

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:59 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Interesting idea. I didn't pull the trigger but it shows that if I were to place another order it would deliver on 11/30. Maybe I'll place another and cancel the last one to ship.

Thanks.
Or you could contact amazon and ask them what is going on. Maybe they can straighten things out.

Also amazon infrastructure has been getting glitchier and glitchier for years. Are you really sure that making a new order and canceling your original order will move your actual delivery date earlier?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:59 PM   #6
JoeC
Addict

More information that may be helpful to others - I purchased the Kindle Scribe and the Denim cover at the same time. I *think* that the way Amazon is showing delivery dates is because each item will ship separately. If I try to order a cover today it is showing a late December delivery date.

Last edited by JoeC; 11-01-2022 at 04:11 PM. Reason: correction
Old 11-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Or you could contact amazon and ask them what is going on. Maybe they can straighten things out.

Also amazon infrastructure has been getting glitchier and glitchier for years. Are you really sure that making a new order and canceling your original order will move your actual delivery date earlier?
It's a lot easier to place a new order and cancel the existing order then to have to chat or call Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:19 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a lot easier to place a new order and cancel the existing order then to have to chat or call Amazon.
And why do you think that will actually result in an earlier delivery?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:41 PM   #9
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I’m in the UK. I placed my order on 28/9, a few hours after it was announced and I’ve got a delivery date of 4/12-28/12. It’s not changed since I put the order in. It sucks but I’ll just have to wait.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:47 PM   #10
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just placed a new order and it says it will deliver on 1/12.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #11
JoeC
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I just placed a new order and it says it will deliver on 1/12.
Out of curiosity, did your first order include the bundle with a cover?
Old 11-01-2022, 09:20 PM   #12
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Out of curiosity, did your first order include the bundle with a cover?
Nope it’s just the base model of the scribe. I ordered the exact same thing with the second order and got a better delivery date.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:32 PM   #13
JoeC
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Nope it’s just the base model of the scribe. I ordered the exact same thing with the second order and got a better delivery date.
Interesting. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:30 PM   #14
iluvgadgets
Connoisseur
iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I won’t get mine until late December 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:06 AM   #15
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Pre-ordering via Amazon UK or ES delivery date is 1st Dec. Base model only, but with a cover, it would be sent separately on the 2nd Feb.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote