Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
shleepy
shleepy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPhone 3G
cheap ones on fleaBay

I noticed that there are a bunch of used Ebookwise 1150's on eBay now, and they mostly cost around $45, shipped. They're also mostly "untested and as-is," supposedly because the seller(s) don't have appropriate chargers. By the pics, they seem to be ones that were taken from an educational setting, or something like that. Oh, and these are probably the OEM versions that aren't from Fictionwise.

Has anyone tried buying one on eBay before? I realize that it's not a big stretch to the $110 or so that they otherwise cost when new, but I'm really curious. AFAIK, an AC/DC adapter shouldn't be hard to get (I bet that my all-in-one 12V adapter will work, with one of its plugs).
shleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i got mine on ebay but from a seller who is i think affiliated somehow with ETI. 45$ is an excellent price, and i confirm, you should be able to use an all-in-one charger (i do). just make sure to use the correct voltage, and a tip which is "center positive".
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
shleepy

Awesome! I appreciate the input. I'm not sure if the 1150 looks like the most portable reading device, but it might be great for something like night reading at home. Looks like I'll be visiting this section of the forums more often now.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleepy View Post
Awesome! I appreciate the input. I'm not sure if the 1150 looks like the most portable reading device, but it might be great for something like night reading at home. Looks like I'll be visiting this section of the forums more often now.
heh, "not portable but great for night reading at home" that pretty much sums it up ! i have to say, although it weighs a ton so i never carry it around town, i do love mine. let us know what you think.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
If they shipped to Canada I'd buy one of the current batch with no power cord as I think I'm going to move back to a EBW1150 anyway. (Wife took mine when I got my Sony) as my sony has been at the factory for over a month now and I don't expect it back soon...
The EBW1150 is rock solid and I miss it.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
shighfield, I sent you a private message
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
shleepy

Question - what, specifically, is the kind of power cord to get? I received my 1150, but my universal adapter does not actually fit, so I need to get one that does.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
The Radio Shack 12VDC at 1000mA with adaptaplug tip "A" set to center positive has worked for me for several years now. It will also charge the original Rocket and "might" work with the Rocket 1100.

It's kinda spendy but I'm happy with it. I noticed today that they also sell one with three or four output voltages and can run at 120 or 240VAC. IIRC, it was cheaper than the one I use.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote