Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #16
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
You can use Geeks1011 kpubify books, to convert then without even copy them to the pc, - ie select book from original location drag it to kepubify(or the whole bunch of them) and the kepub will appear in original book location. I did it my self to 800 books, and itis faster then calibre
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you comparing Kobo produced kepubs against those generated by the extended driver?
No, I'm pointing that obviously an on the fly kepub from an epub is essentially a mechanism to use kobo features not available for epubs. I understand why some people want those. Obviously it can't invent visual formatting that isn't there already, it's no different in a sense to uploading an epub2 to Amazon and someone downloading a KF8 or KFX ought to see something similar on their kindle to someone seeing the epub2 from Smashwords.
Obviously different ereader software/firmware may render page margins, on the fly hyphenation and kerning different between AZW/KF8, KFX, kepub and epub where these are not specifically in the original epub2. However otherwise there should be no difference. Yet sometimes the kepub has the wrong first line margin indent. There are ways to fix it by editing in Calibre (I've found no way to correct it in a Wordprocessor), but it seems to be a kepub bug as no other format has it.

Some people prefer the kepub. I like that Calibre and your drivers give the user the choice to have epub or kepub.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote