Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-31-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
BlinkyEyes
BlinkyEyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Did I install KOReader wrong? (on Kobo Clara)

I installed KOReader on my Kobo Clara and it is working and provides many of the features I found wanting in the stock Kobo reader software. However the "Home" screen seems to be the KOReader File System – including font and other system folders – rather than a listing of books. Authors each have their own folder so I have to drill down into each folder to see titles. No cover images or meta data except in the KOReader "History" option.

Did I set up KOReader wrong? I installed it after I had been using the Clara, managing the files with Calibre.

A screenshot of the stock Kobo reader software is below. (Sorry the image is so large! I didn't see a way to resize it).

Is there an option in KOReader to have this kind of sortable UI? Also, does KOReader support "Collections"? I've been googling around but haven't found any info. – thanks!

Stock Kobo UI

BlinkyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:26 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
There is no "home" screen or metadata browsing. What you can do is:

* Set the parent folder containing all author folders as your home folder
* Set the folder style to show covers instead/beside titles
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2021, 04:34 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Unless something went wrong or you mistakenly changed it, the default file manager view mode should be detailed (i.e., metadata + cover thumbnail, like Jellby mentioned above).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote