Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Question Can you delete a book?

Ok, I just started using my first-ever ereader, my Nook and I really like it.

I have downloaded several of the free ebooks from the B&N site and have also "checked out" several from my local library.

The library books will automatically "disappear" when the lending period is over.

But I have a question about the free ebooks from B&N: Can I delete them when I'm done reading them??? Or should I be more selective before downloading a book onto my Nook. I know it holds A LOT of books, but I don't want to use up space on useless books I only want to read once or twice.

Any help on this is appreciated!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You can archive them if they're full e-books. That way you won't have to pay to get them back later if the price goes up. On the NOOK, select the "Show details and options" and scroll (if needed) to the "Archive" option.

If you really want to delete it, or if it's a free sample, you just log into your B&N account via your Web browser and delete it there. When you do a "Check for new B&N content" on your NOOK, the e-book will be removed from your NOOK.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Thank you so much for answering so quickly.

Marie
Old 09-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
tiniree
Zealot

How do I delete a book from My Docs??

I downloaded a free epub book from Feedbooks.com to see it. It is not what I wanted and would like to delete it.

How do I do this??

Marie
Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I downloaded a free epub book from Feedbooks.com to see it. It is not what I wanted and would like to delete it.

How do I do this??

Marie
Connect your nook to your computer. The nook is just like a usb drive open the nook drive find the file and delete it.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
tiniree
Zealot

Many thanks!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
Atomix
Enthusiast
Atomix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Alternatively, you may softroot your nook and use nookdevs library, which allows you to delete any book directly from the booklist.
Atomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #8
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
BTW, the library books will expire, i.e. you won't be able to open them, but the actual files will remain on your Nook and on your computer until you delete them. Just so you know!

Deleting can be done by hooking up your nook to your computer and going into your nook as a drive and deleting them that way, or by opening up ADE while nook is hooked up and deleting them through ADE on both nook and the computer.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote