Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
tomblond
tomblond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3 support and output formats

Hello everyone. Just ordered the new Kindle 3, and in eager anticipation of its arrival I have been having a look at this seemingly fantastic program.

My question is, when is the Kindle 3 expected to be supported?

And, on a side note, what would you say is the best format to convert PDFs to for the Kindle, or should I leave them as PDFs? I have heard PDF support on the Kindle isn't as good as other formats, in that some of the features don't work for it. Not sure if this is true or not.

Thank you for your time,
Tom
tomblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
convert to mobi for the kindle.

I'm not sure about when support will exist, but I cant imagine it would take too much work to support the K3. It seems very similar to the K2
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
once someone gets their hand on the new K3 the support for it will be out on the next release they are really quick
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
tomblond
tomblond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well that's good to know. Thanks for your replies.
tomblond is offline   Reply With Quote