Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Calibre warning about deleting book when removing

I get warned by Calibre that removing the book from the the Calibre "bookshelf" will permanently delete the file from my computer. Sure I can take a backup before removing the file from Calibre.

1) Am I understanding this warning correctly?
2) Can I control this behaviour?

I would like to be able to remove a file from Calibre but not delete it from the computer.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The delete message is referring to the copy on your computer that is in the Calibre library. It is not referring to any other copies you might have on your computer that are stored outside the Calibre library.

If you want to get a file out of the Calibre library you can use the Calibre "Save to Disk" feature to export a copy from the Calibre library prior to deleting the Calibre copy.

If you want to keep the Calibre book entry but delete one of the underlying formats stored against that entry then this can be done via the "Edit Metadata" facility. Note that you can also add additional formats to an existing entry via that facility.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert