Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Adding a <reference> item to <guide> in OPF file

(Apologies if this is covered somewhere, I did a quick search in the postings without any hits.)

I'd like to be able to add a line within the <guide> section of the .OPF file:
Code:
<guide>
     <reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" href=... />
</guide>
This allows calibre to connect a Table of Contents on the Kindle.

I'm happy to do it by hand, but I can't figure out any way to get to the .OPF file within Sigil. I can explode the .epub file and edit the .OPF file and re-zip, but that seems inelegant and awkward.

Is this possible with the current beta?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Not possible with the current beta. I plan to add a way to semantically mark different XHTML flows as one of the "fundamental structural components of the publication", as the OPF spec puts it for the <guide> element. It's not currently on the tracker, but it's on my TODO list. It's simple and easy to do, and should make it for 0.2.1, if not 0.2.0 itself.

Direct OPF and NCX editing is also a planned future feature.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the quick reply and explanation, and thanks for making this excellent tool available.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote