Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #31
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The (admittedly few) times I watched it, it seemed to be more to do with teaching that any problem can be solved with the application of extreme violence and ludicrous amounts of firepower (which, amazingly, never actually hurt anyone).
Imagine what the movie will be like.

http://www.ateam-movie.com/#/splashscreen
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh my goodness . I think I'll be giving that one a miss .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #33
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
IT is hard to win an A-team victory on a DR who die-hard fan thread. You win for now.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #34
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
IT is hard to win an A-team victory on a DR who die-hard fan thread. You win for now.
I suppose you feel great sympathy for the intellectually challenged, and also derive strong satisfaction from the successful completion of a well-thought out endeavor?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #35
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didnt call anyone intellectually challenged and pretty much dont give a rat's ass about television in general. I don't watch television.

Last edited by happy_terd; 04-04-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #36
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What the hell does that mean?
You pity the fool, and love it when a plan comes together.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Changed it on the edit. Not going to argue on easter over stupid crap.

You win the doctor rules. Goodbye.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #38
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Changed it on the edit. Not going to argue on easter over stupid crap.

You win the doctor rules. Goodbye.
Hm. You, obviously, wouldn't have to recognize extreme rephrases of catch phrases from a show that you are claiming to be familiar with. But even someone who barely even watched the show (I.E., me) heard those phrases 50 thousand times growing up. I'm frankly somewhat suprised that you, the A-Team supporter, not only seem to not be, but apparently take it as a personal offense that i used them as humor.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...cdf8cbbf06dc4f

http://www.google.com/#num=100&hl=en...cdf8cbbf06dc4f

If I inadvertently offended you, it was only because you, apparently, were lying about being an A-Team fan.

(Oh, and stupid crap and Easter go very well together.)
Old 04-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #39
happy_terd
Banned

Who the hell would bother to lie about the Ateam? lol...I just didnt want to get into a debate over it.

Quote:
I suppose you feel great sympathy for the intellectually challenged, and also derive strong satisfaction from the successful completion of a well-thought out endeavor?
Sounded like you were being sarcastic and aiming it at me. The second qoute I forgot you do not quote a quote qouted in a post.

I was aiming to quote the

"Originally Posted by happy_terd
What the hell does that mean?"

and got

Quote:

I was responding to me taking out the edited "What the hell does that mean?"

It doesnt really matter to me.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #40
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
You could always hold out for Torchwood USA.
That description almost put me off my lunch...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #41
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
No it's not. "Dr. Who" was ridiculous and didn't improve with age. The Daleks were thinly veiled Nazis. Extremely disappointing. A joke. A complete bomb. SciFi for fans who didn't fit in with the rougher "Star Trek" groupies.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
No it's not. "Dr. Who" was ridiculous and didn't improve with age. The Daleks were thinly veiled Nazis. Extremely disappointing. A joke. A complete bomb.
One of the most successful, and certainly the longest-running SF series in the world a "complete bomb"? Interesting perspective, but not one shared by many people, I suspect .
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #43
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
One of the most successful, and certainly the longest-running SF series in the world a "complete bomb"? Interesting perspective, but not one shared by many people, I suspect .
SF?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Certainly SF. How else would you classify it?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 AM   #45
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Certainly SF. How else would you classify it?
"For me, Doctor Who literally is a fairy tale. It's not really science fiction." Steven Moffatt (screenwriter - 'Dr. Who')
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote