Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
eyoung
eyoung began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq rx3115
eReader library location

Do ebooks for eReader have to be in the Peanut Press Folder? If not, I must be a dolt because I cant find where to change the directory. Using the newest version.
eyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
According to the info at ereader.com, if you are using PalmOS then

"Books should be installed in the /PALM/Books or /PALM/Launcher directories on expansion cards." (I'm sure internal memory will also work.)

Their software info on the site is often so old and incomplete, it's hard to tell what applies but this should still be true.

It's been a while, so I can't remember where I put the book files on Pocket PC.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
eyoung

Sorry, forgot to mention I use a PPC.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
eyoung

BTW, Outstanding site. This has to be one of my better "stumble upons".
Old 11-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the nice comment about the site. Glad you found us!

As far as PPC, here is what's in the readme file, but I can't remember if I had to manage the books and library from the desktop app or by just adding the book file to a directory.

---------------------

Follow these procedures for installing books:

1. Connect your PocketPC device to your host computer.
(Note: We assume that you have already set up communications
between your host computer and your PocketPC device.)

2. Turn on your PocketPC device.

3. Run SETUP.EXE on the host computer.

4. Select one of the books from the list presented and click on the 'Ok'
button. If there are no books listed, or the book you want is not
listed, use the 'Browse...' button to locate a directory with books.

5. The setup program will automatically install the eReader software
and a shortcut to it in the 'Start\Programs' menu.

6. You will be prompted to unlock your new book on the device when
you open it from the Book\Open menu item.

7. To run the eReader software, launch it from the shortcut
'Start\Programs\eReader'. The operation of the PocketPC version
of the eReader is the same as the Palm handhelds version.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Looks like My Documents\Peanut Press on any card.
I've never yet used the PocketPC eReader installer as the current version crashes before installing anything for me, just dropping the book in the right directory is enough to get it working.

Hope that helps
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yep, simond's right. I do the same thing for my eReader books (direct copy), and have never had any problems, either on my h1930 or X50v.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
eyoung

Thanks for info guys.