Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #2671
ToG
ToG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You may have to change the Wikipedia site to the one for your language.
Luck;
Ken
Hi again. Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked the language (which should be english) in
"/koreader/frontend/ui/Wikipedia.lua" The site listed was "http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=extracts&format=json&exi ntro=&explaintext=&redirects=&titles=hello"
and any other reference to language was set to "en". It all seems correct to me. Is there another location for wikipedia language settings I am unaware of?
edit - could it be related to my being in Australia? maybe I need en.au or similar?

Last edited by ToG; 01-03-2017 at 03:51 AM.
ToG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #2672
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Main_page

I can't find why it wouldn't work from Australia, using the en (English) page.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #2673
raphinou
raphinou began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
is this the right place to ask questions? if not, please redirect me.
The problem I have is that when I choose "start koreader" from the kobo start menu, I get a file manager. Is that the normal way to explore files on the kobo with koreader?

thx
raphinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #2674
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphinou View Post
is this the right place to ask questions? if not, please redirect me.
The problem I have is that when I choose "start koreader" from the kobo start menu, I get a file manager. Is that the normal way to explore files on the kobo with koreader?

thx
Yes. You should set the folder where your ebook files are located, as the Home folder for the File Manager ( You can use a "hidden" folder to keep those files from Nickel's processing. ) You set the folder by Long Pressing the folder name and selecting the popup option to set Home.

Once you have started reading files, you can set the File Manager to start up in the "Last opened document" and KOReader will open on the last page you were reading/viewing. I found that it will open in the File Manager if you are too quick poking the "Start KOReader", in KSM, a few seconds delay may be needed for larger/difficult to open documents. (I guess it takes longer sometimes to locate the current position for the current document and if it can't it defaults to the File Manager display.)

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #2675
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Hi everybody,

I wanna shrink the margin size in epubs. When I open the: DCREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZE_SMALL={...}
in the advanced settings, there are 4 parameters:
1=5
2=10
3=5
4=10
I have no idea how to use these parameters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Ebrahim
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #2676
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahimpak View Post
Hi everybody,

I wanna shrink the margin size in epubs. When I open the: DCREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZE_SMALL={...}
in the advanced settings, there are 4 parameters:
1=5
2=10
3=5
4=10
I have no idea how to use these parameters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Ebrahim
The .lua files for the settings have comments that explain the options, (they are green if you are using Notepad++) From the old defaults.lua:
-- crereader margin sizes
-- margin {left, top, right, bottom} in pixels
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_SMALL = {5, 10, 5, 10}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_MEDIUM = {10, 15, 10, 15}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_LARGE = {20, 20, 20, 20}

Luck;
Ken
P.S.; Reading all the Green comments in the defaults.lua, can give the user who is even a little tech-savvy, a decent look at how those features work.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-06-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #2677
ebrahimpak
Zealot

Quote:
The .lua files for the settings have comments that explain the options, (they are green if you are using Notepad++) From the old defaults.lua:
-- crereader margin sizes
-- margin {left, top, right, bottom} in pixels
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_SMALL = {5, 10, 5, 10}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_MEDIUM = {10, 15, 10, 15}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_LARGE = {20, 20, 20, 20}

Luck;
Ken
P.S.; Reading all the Green comments in the defaults.lua, can give the user who is even a little tech-savvy, a decent look at how those features work.
Thank you very much. Does it affect the PDF and ePub files the same?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #2678
Ken Maltby
Wizard

PDF/DjVu are handled by the "koptreader", so they are "DKOPTREADER" settings.

epub, and most others are handled by the "crereader" (Coolreader Engine3), so they are "DCREREADER" settings.

There are additional script files to set features of these rendering engines, besides "Defaults".

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #2679
ebrahimpak
Zealot

Quote:
PDF/DjVu are handled by the "koptreader", so they are "DKOPTREADER" settings.

epub, and most others are handled by the "crereader" (Coolreader Engine3), so they are "DCREREADER" settings.

There are additional script files to set features of these rendering engines, besides "Defaults".

Luck;
Ken
thanks a lot for the precious information.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:01 AM   #2680
ToG
ToG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Main_page
I can't find why it wouldn't work from Australia, using the en (English) page.
Luck;
Ken
Thats what I Thought as well. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Thanks
Tom
ToG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #2681
ebrahimpak
Zealot

Hi everybody,

I was wondering why some phonetic descriptions are not properly rendered in some installed stardict dictionaries in Koreader. Some of them work just perfect, while some are rendered like randomly scattered characters! I had addressed this issue before when I was using earlier versions of Koreader, but some members had reported they have not faced such an issue at all. I have installed as much as fonts that I could, but it was of little avail. Moreover, I use the latest nightly build.

With many thanks,
Ebrahim
Old 02-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #2682
Zaebook
Zaebook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi!

Tell me please, how I can change default value of Floating Punctuation (now its TRUE, i want FALSE) for FB2 files.

Thanks!
Zaebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #2683
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaebook View Post
Hi!

Tell me please, how I can change default value of Floating Punctuation (now its TRUE, i want FALSE) for FB2 files.

Thanks!
Assuming that the "Floating punctuation" menu selection has a checkmark in front of it, first tap it and wait till the checkmark is removed. Then long press on it, to get the message box with the option to set the default to "off".

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-02-2017, 01:17 AM   #2684
Zaebook
Zaebook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Assuming that the "Floating punctuation" menu selection has a checkmark in front of it, first tap it and wait till the checkmark is removed. Then long press on it, to get the message box with the option to set the default to "off".

Luck;
Ken
This is what I was looking for, thaks!

And another question - How can i set "letter-spacing" setting (kerning). I change DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_DEFAULT_WORD_SPACING in defaults.lua, but it doesnt work.
Zaebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #2685
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaebook View Post
This is what I was looking for, thaks!

And another question - How can i set "letter-spacing" setting (kerning). I change DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_DEFAULT_WORD_SPACING in defaults.lua, but it doesnt work.
That setting would be for the "koptreader" which handles PDFs & DjVu files, it would not effect your .fb2 files. I can't think of a similar setting for the "crereader".

Luck;
Ken

Given roger64's info, you could add to ".adds/KOReader/data/fb2.css"

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-05-2017 at 05:45 PM.