Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
pj123
Zealot
pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tablet 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H2O, Ipad
Any stable tablet with ICS upgrade?

Hi, with the ICS upgrade, some tablets such as ASUS transformer got problems of random rebooting, freezing, unusual battery drain... Could any one who own other tablets tell me whether your tablets got problems after ICS upgrade? I am looking for a tablet that would be stable against ICS upgrade. Thanks!
pj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
My HP Touchpad's ICS is very stable, even though it is a "hack".
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
Could any one who own other tablets tell me whether your tablets got problems after ICS upgrade?
My Transformer Prime works great with ICS except for the usual Prime GPS problem. YMMV
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
So far so good on my Transformer TF101.
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm seriously coveting an AT&T Galaxy Note, I would have bought one last week but the store (where they have them for $249 and no sales tax) was out of stock.

Now I find that the ICS upgrade is pushed back to Q2, so I guess I’ll just wait.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
My Transformer works just fine. I have a few games that will randomly through me back to the home screen, but the apps I care about work with no problem.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
My transformer tf101 works just fine as well. I do notice that some programs that have not been updated for ics close at times but the os is pretty sound. I'm sure once the updates roll out for the programs I'm having problems with sometimes things will be good.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
p1s70s
p1s70s began at the beginning.

Device: Android
My Motorola Xoom is upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich and it is as solid as a rock. Not a single problem with anything.
p1s70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
My Archos 8 G9 upgrade to ICS is working well. No problems so far;
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
zedalis
zedalis began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
My ASUS eeePad Transformer (tf101) is working great with the ICS update.
zedalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedalis View Post
My ASUS eeePad Transformer (tf101) is working great with the ICS update.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
http://www.gadgetsdealer.com/product91617.html

or

http://www.gadgetsdealer.com/product96159.html

or

http://www.ahappydeal.com/product-72214.html

Take your pick
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #13
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Everybody else seems happy with the Transformer update. Not me, after a week it has shut itself off twice so far.
A bit
I think, not sure though, that it might have something to do with Opera. If anyone else has issues with this, I would appreciate a heads up.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1s70s View Post
My Motorola Xoom is upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich and it is as solid as a rock. Not a single problem with anything.
Same here. Just humming along.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #15
insync44
insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Talking

Asus Transformer 101 working well after ICS update.
insync44 is offline   Reply With Quote