Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 01-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #76
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Talking Compared to the Prism

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling
Thanks, zire71man. I, too, am a zire71man - for now (ain't it a sweet device?).

By the way, I replied to another of your posts (in another thread) without logging in first, thereby appearing as 'unregistered guest'!
Hey,

The zire 71 is by far the best of have used. My sister has the sony nx80 which has a better built in camera and video capability and is drool worthy but mine still beats hers. My visor prism is garbage compared to the zire 71 and I paid almost $200 dollars more for my prism. Got the prism a little after it came out for $399 got the zire 71 last wednesday for a whopping $216 with free fed ex ground shipping.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:02 PM   #77
earthling
earthling began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 71
Your Zire 71 beats your sister's nx80??!!? How come?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zire71man
Hey,

The zire 71 is by far the best of have used. My sister has the sony nx80 which has a better built in camera and video capability and is drool worthy but mine still beats hers. My visor prism is garbage compared to the zire 71 and I paid almost $200 dollars more for my prism. Got the prism a little after it came out for $399 got the zire 71 last wednesday for a whopping $216 with free fed ex ground shipping.
Advert
Old 01-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #78
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
why does the comics shtml file have 'avantgo' in it? Is it useable with iSilo? I hate AvantGo ever since it stopped working on my Palm (or was it my desktop - it just stopped synching new content). Can I just add the comics file as an iSilo channel?
The /avantgo/ was only a naming convention, but of course it can be used with any other offline reader like iSilo Adding the channel to your channel list should work just fine, but if you like, you can also follow the instruction here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=70

Greets
Alex
Old 01-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #79
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Beats my sisters nx80.

Quote:
Your Zire 71 beats your sister's nx80??!!? How come?
Hey,

The price is what really bothers me. I can buy 3 zire 71's for the price my sister paid for her nx80. The keyboard on her palm sucks as do the application buttons. You have to play liberty (i know there is an onscreen way to play but it sucks) and nesem with the clamshell design of the nx80 open. A handful of programs support hi res + it looks nice but it also increases the size of the programs significantly 320 x 320 is now the standard. The nx80 seems bulky to me and heavy not a good pocket palm, the zire 71 is a feather compared to it (my prism was a brick compared to it). The camera is nice on the nx80 I have to admit has a mega pixel camera, video with sound, panaramic viewing but again this takes up too much space to just be good without a memory stick. The zire 71's camera is just cool, you slide the two halves to expose the camera and you're ready to shoot. I have my opinion, researched the palms for months and it was between the t3 and the zire 71. Got the zire 71 because the camera is built in. Don't like to carry around cards, the free slot is perfect for the memory card that I'm getting when my free mp3 kit arrives. When I had my visor prism I carried around the little eyemodule 2 box, had an innopak 2v in the slot already, when I wanted to take a picture I had to take out the little box take out the 2v from my prism put in the eyemodule 2 and take a picture. With the zire 71 with one hand, take out of my pocket, slide and shoot.

All in all this is my opinion...why do you like the nx80 better?
Old 01-15-2004, 01:57 PM   #80
earthling
earthling began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 71
Thanks, Alex; you're cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
The /avantgo/ was only a naming convention, but of course it can be used with any other offline reader like iSilo Adding the channel to your channel list should work just fine, but if you like, you can also follow the instruction here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=70

Greets
Alex
Advert
Old 02-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #81
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Please include The Wizard of Id, Andy Capp and Hagar. Any chance you can get hold of Peanuts?
I love this site - thanks for all your hard work.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:55 PM   #82
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvynadam
Please include The Wizard of Id, Andy Capp and Hagar. Any chance you can get hold of Peanuts?
I love this site - thanks for all your hard work.
Wizard of Id was already included, and I added Andy Capp, Peanutes and Hagar.
Make sure to get the updated .ixl template from here (link).

Greets
Old 02-26-2004, 04:48 PM   #83
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the update. 1MB of comics waiting to be hotsynced!

Incidentally, it seems the makers of User Friendly are unimpressed with this idea - check out the comic and comments about eating your squinchy little head. Also, no luck with Hagar but as I'm only trying it for the first time tonight I can't be sure yet that it's a real problem. Thanks again.

Last edited by melvynadam; 02-26-2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:37 AM   #84
rbentley101
rbentley101 began at the beginning.

All Comics Excluded

Alexander,

I am using your incredible All Comics Excluded link. It is fantastic. I only removed the filter for Doonesbury and Calvin and Hobbs since those were the only two I wanted to view, however I note that Andy Capp and Peanuts also show up. Perhaps the filter doesn't exclude them. It is a minor problem, but any suggestion on how I can filter those two out?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #85
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hey rbentley,

the excluded-link file was updated when another member asked for adding new comics. See two posts above.

Greets
Alex
Old 03-18-2004, 05:11 AM   #86
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Alexander, I now regularly sync two comics pages: yours and Clegg's*. the reason is that you have a couple of comics unique to each of you. One thing I've noticed that's interesting however is that the 'Hagar The Horrible' strip doesn't show on your page (ever) but does on Clegg's. Perhaps you should change the link you use? If it's a problem of hosting the image you need to remove the link as it simply doesn't work.
The same is true of 'User Friendly' - Clegg's page displays it and yours doesn't.
I'm really grateful for the comics page and don't mean to nitpick but I thought you'd find this interesting.

* - http://toons.clegg.com/
Old 03-19-2004, 02:57 AM   #87
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

melyvnadam,

thanks for bringing this up. I will think about a solution, and if I don't come up with one, will disable the two comics you mentioned.

Greets
Alex
Old 03-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #88
jfs01
Enthusiast
jfs01 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Clie TH-55
Thanks for the excellent excluded link file!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:28 PM   #89
LSAlford
LSAlford began at the beginning.

Please add For Better or For Worse.
Thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:14 AM   #90
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSAlford
Please add For Better or For Worse.
Thanks.
Added. Make sure to get the updated exclusion list.