Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
3rd party Iliad webbrowser?

Hello everybody,

I'm not sure whether anybody has seen and/or postet this yet...
I received a message from a youtube.com user today pointing me to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2RIhviKEY

It shows a webbrowser on the Iliad that seems to be quite full-featured and is apparently developed by www.hficompany.com

I did not watch the whole video yet since I'm not that interested in surfing via WiFi (due to the fact that we don't have many free and open hotspots here in Germany and I've got a computer at home for surfing... ) but I'm sure there will be some who are interested.
I'm not sure however, whether this browser software is free...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Wow! This looks impressive. I particularly like the screen rotation.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
There was an error message at the end that looks like one from Minimo. It's probably a port with a custom interface.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Looks like a bigger, slower, colorless iPhone. But great news for iLiad owners.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
Dorian
Dorian began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
pretty quick

That's a substantial speed improvement as compared with other web browsing on the Iliad, looks great too.

Last edited by Dorian; 11-30-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
grayfox
Connoisseur
grayfox doesn't littergrayfox doesn't littergrayfox doesn't litter

Device: Razr/iLiad
Reading the site faq, it appears that content needs to come
from their server...

Jerry
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote