Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
libprs500 and 505

Is it possible to use libprs500 (the gui) to edit meta data on the 505? I know I can use the command line lrf-meta on individual files, but I'm wondering about the gui option. When I update my files the changes don't take. Trying to figure out if I'm doing something incorrectly, or if this simply isn't supported yet.
carchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Interesting. It should work, open a bug report and I'll fix it :-)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. I should be able to update the meta data, exit libprs500, and then have updates show up when I use my reader, correct? There's no SAVE or UPLOAD function?

I'm trying to update files already loaded on my reader so that the author is last name, first instead of first name, last.

BTW, thanks for all the work.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah after editing metadata, it's automatically uploaded.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But you cannot update the metadata of books purchased at the Sony Connect Store. Those have DRM which won't let you make any changes. It's only the books with an LRF extension that you can edit the metadata. The books with an LRX extension are the ones with DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #6
carchase
Enthusiast

These are just regular old lrf files. No DRM. I originally transferred them to the reader using ebook Library, if that makes a difference. The meta data appears updated in libprs500, but when I actually use the reader it's unchanged.

original author = Dashiell Hammett
updated author = Hammett Dashiell

After update, libprs500 shows Hammett Dashiell but reader shows Dashiell Hammett.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
lrf-meta -a "Hammett Dashiell" <name of book.lrf>
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote